Default Developer Built an Identical House Next to Mine

My question involves real estate located in the State of: California

I bought into a development in 2009. The development was 60% completed when the builder went under. The builder sold to another company who came in and said they would keep with the original development (styles,colors, etx) but the homes would be cheaper. Then the builder threw a curve ball and built some one story homes which other residents in the area fought against but the city took care of the builder and not the people (current way of life when it involves $$$$). The lot next to my house was allotted to be a one story, well they built it into a two story, the city approved the plans. The realtor at the sales office lied and changed the map in their office. I didn't mind until I saw the house it was the same style as my house and the same color minus the trim. Even the front door is the same color. No where in the old phase were any of the homes the same style nor color. The home was given a huge lot, the side yard is the biggest in the whole development which is funny. The builder told me it was a blunder and walked off. I called their corporate headquarters no one will talk to me. What do I do and where can I go with this. I am the only home in the older development with the same house next to mine all the others that were the old development and got a new house next to theirs were a different style.

Default Re: Developer Built an Identical House Next to Mine

Is there actually something in your contract with the builder that prohibits an identical house from being built next door?

If there's no breach of contract, you're looking at making changes to your home to distinguish it from the home next door, or living with an extremely similar house on the next lot.

1. Sponsored Links