Good Morning All,
I have been in the US for more than a decade. Throughout this time I held F1 and H1B visas and subsequently, about 5 years ago, obtained permanent residency through my employment. My questions are:
1) When can I apply for naturalization? More specifically, do I have to wait for 5 years or can I apply earlier?
2) Thankfully I did not have any complications in my immigration process in the past. Given this fact, can I handle the process on my own without professional assistance?
3) If I need assistance, what are the levels of assistance available (i.e. hiring a professional for the whole process vs. working with a professional on the “tricky” aspects of the process)?
4) How much does the application process cost?
- Self application
- With the help of a professional
5) Do you any advice for me regarding the process overall?
Thank you so much for everyone’s time and effort in advance.