Default Getting Out of a Purchase of RV Due to Overweight for Truck

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Louisiana
    Can I get out of a purchase of a RV if I never took possession or did the walk through? I purchased a cyclone 4100 King last Saturday. We are scheduled to pick it up this Friday. After doing my research, my truck will be over the weight limit. I have a 2011 Ram 2500 4x4 crew cab. The hitch weight of the camper is 3,000 lbs. I did the research for a bunkhouse and was in the limits for my truck. The salesman showed up this rig and I loved it, so I changed my mind without doing research. I would like to get my down payment back and get something rated for my truck. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Default Re: Getting Out of a Purchase of RV Due to Overweight for Truck

Refer to your contract. Choosing to buy a trailer beyond the capacity of your truck is not illegal, nor a reason for them to rescind your contract. I suggest you polish up your negotiating skills, to make a purchase on one a bit lighter.

Default Re: Getting Out of a Purchase of RV Due to Overweight for Truck

unless the purchase contract you signed had a "unless customer's car can't tow it" clause i doubt it.

however an important question is how much did the dealer spend so far carrying out their portion of the sale.

explain the situation and see about buying a unit which you can tow instead of the one you bought.

1. Sponsored Links