Default My Truck Got Towed Be a Restaurant While We Were Dining Inside

I meant Truck, Sorry for that
    Me and my family went to go eat at Popeyes on a Sunday, so happens that the Flea Market was near by and other people park at Popeyes because it gets packed. There is a sign that your car will get towed if you park there without you being a costumer. We were getting ready to leave but i took my daughter to the restroom (at Popeyes) while my husband left to buy something really quick at the Flea Market. I came out of the restroom and as i walked to the parking lot my truck was gone. They had towed it away! Now the problem is that Popeyes does not want to pay for anything as well as the Towing company. The Popeyes manager says he never called the towing company that they always come and take the cars, and the towing company says Popeyes called them and they cannot take cars without their permission. Now i am stuck between both, and they are making me pay for something i am not responsible for. What can i do? I have my receipts as proof i was there.

Default Re: My Truck Got Towed Be a Restaurant While We Were Dining Inside

If Popeye's denies authorizing the tow, you should have recourse against the towing company through small claims court.

As you were told when you posted, laws vary by state.

What state?

Keep your receipt. If you can prove you were a customer, and the towing company asserts they do not tow without approval, then you have an actionable claim against the restaurant. Personally, I would tell the tow company that I am naming both in a small claims action (backed up with paperwork ready to file) - unless they want to set the record straight by supplying documentation as to the restaurant authorizing the tow. If they give you that documentation, you go after the restaurant and name both the restaurant and the person who authorized the tow.

I am sure this will come down to your husband leaving but the fact remains that you were still inside. If you are listed on the registration, then you likely have a case.

1. Sponsored Links