Default Can a Parent Relocate a Child Without Notice to the Non-Custodial Parent

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Florida.

It has been mentioned to me by several friends that in the state of Florida, both parents seem to have "equal rights. Evidently, it has happened to several "friends of friends" (you know how that goes) where a parent decided to simply move from the state and take the kid with them without notifying the other parent.

Is this legal?

Default Re: Can a Parent Relocate a Child Without Notice to the Non-Custodial Parent

If it's permitted by the court order, then the court has approved the action. If the court order requires permission, then the court has not approved the action.

Default Re: Can a Parent Relocate a Child Without Notice to the Non-Custodial Parent

What if there is no court order?

Do you have facts, or not? If this is 20 questions about a theoretical issue, I suggest that you Google yourself up some articles about child custody and relocation of domicile and read them.

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    Do you have facts, or not? If this is 20 questions about a theoretical issue, I suggest that you Google yourself up some articles about child custody and relocation of domicile and read them.
    Thank you for taking the time out of your day to address my question. I'm sure there are plenty of other things you could be doing with your time and I am grateful for people like you.

This is not 20 questions. This is a forum and I have a question. I simply made the mistake of failing to include it in my original post.

Are you going to be okay?

You still have not provided any facts.

An unmarried couple has a child together. At some point, they break up, but choose not to go through the legal system. If one of the parents decides to relocate with the child, are they liable to have legal action taken against them? Is this considered kidnapping?

If more facts are necessary, please specify what type. Thank you.

Quote Quoting purebred
    View Post
    An unmarried couple has a child together. At some point, they break up, but choose not to go through the legal system. If one of the parents decides to relocate with the child, are they liable to have legal action taken against them? Is this considered kidnapping?

If more facts are necessary, please specify what type. Thank you.
    Yes, more facts are necessary.

You say there is no court order. Which parent is seeking to move: the mother or father? And if it is the mother, has the father established paternity? Is there an order for child support? Does the parent who is NOT moving have an established relationship with the child or sees the child frequently?

Quote Quoting shortie
    View Post
    Yes, more facts are necessary.

You say there is no court order. Which parent is seeking to move: the mother or father? And if it is the mother, has the father established paternity? Is there an order for child support? Does the parent who is NOT moving have an established relationship with the child or sees the child frequently?
    Ask and you shall receive

Neither parent is considering moving. (This is a hypothetical scenario-based question)
    In what way would that affect the situation? (My initial question)
    The father has established paternity.
    There is no order for child support.
    Child support is set up between mother and father (as I indicated, they have avoided the legal system).
    The father, in this instance, does see the child a few times a week.

So it's just a game.

1. Sponsored Links