Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default How to Change My Name After Marriage

    My question involves name change laws in the State of: Pennsylvania
    I was married before and have children from that marriage and after divorce, I kept that name as it was a name I was known by for many many years. After getting married last year I changed my name (Soc. Security office) to my married name, and omitted my previous married name. I have regretted that decision ever since, as I feel like my identity has been removed. I would like to change my present name to include my previous name. For example, before I was Jane middlename Doe. Now I am Jane middlename Buck. What do I have to go through in order to make my name Jane middlename Doe Buck - no hypen? Do I have to do the court order name change?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Behind a Desk

    Default Re: How to Change My Name After Marriage

    If you want to legally change your name, yes, that's a court process. It's just like any other adult name change.

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Name Change Procedures: Marriage Name Change Hassle
    By katep830 in forum Name Change
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-05-2011, 10:03 AM
  2. Marriage Name Change After 4 Years
    By Reid_California in forum Name Change
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-26-2010, 09:13 AM
  3. Marriage: Last Name Change on Docs After Marriage
    By fabulous02 in forum Visas for Business, Tourism and Family
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-19-2010, 02:48 PM
  4. Interesting Name Change With Marriage
    By mogg in forum Marriage, Cohabitation and Civil Unions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-05-2008, 07:45 AM
  5. W-2's and Name Change from Marriage
    By MiVida2007 in forum Tax Law
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-26-2007, 01:52 PM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources