Default How to Recover Personal Property from Disgruntled Ex-Business Partner

My question involves personal property located in the State of: ARKANSAS. My husband was General Manager of a gym his business partner owned and sole owner/trainer/instructor of a specialty fitness program that was conducted in the fitness gym. After deciding to expand the specialty fitness program outside of the fitness gym with all parties in agreement of the move, my husband resigned as GM of the fitness gym due to continued, unresolvable differences between him and his business partner. There were no contracts, waivers, etc. All verbal agreements. My husband has over $5000 worth of gym equipment still in the gym that his ex-business partner will not relinquish to him, citing the equipment belongs to him due to the fact it was purchased while my husband was the GM of his gym. This equipment was purchased by my husband, for his specialty fitness program. My husband has given him copies of ALL receipts, weeks ago, that proves my husbands ownership of the equipment. We have tried to resolve this peacefully and with dignity, to no avail. I need to know what our options are to acquire our personal property. Any and all information would be GREATLY appreciated!

Default Re: Legally Seizing Personal Property from Disgruntled Ex-Business Partner

Who paid for the equipment? Your husband? His separate specialty fitness business? Or the gym that was owned by the business partner?

Default Re: Legally Seizing Personal Property from Disgruntled Ex-Business Partner

My husband purchased all of the equipment for the specialty fitness program he owns. He gave ALL receipts to his ex business partner.

Purchased from his own personal funds? No business funds at all? Sounds like they are headed to court then.

Yep. Funds came straight from his bank account! The business partner agreed to split costs but never paid up.

So... off to court.

Awesome. :/ Thank you for your information!

Hey - if you find a magic want lying in the street, figure out how to use it, and solve the problem that way, great.

1. Sponsored Links