Default How to Return to the U.S. After a 10 Year Ban Expires

HI

I was deported to my country of origin from us in 2004. I had about three misdeamor charges which i pleaded guilty for possesion and sale of marijuana all which had minimum senteces of about 4 to 5 days in jail in the sate of New York .. i was deported by imigration judge in the state of Louisiana and told not to return until 2014.At that time i was a legal permanent resident in the USA. i was wondering what the process is for a legal return to the Usa Any advice woul be greatly appreciated thanks..

Default Re: Whats the Process for Returning to Us After 10 Year Ban Expires

Are you wishing to return as a tourist?
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

well i was hoping i could return either as a visitor or try to regain original status as permanent resident.My Mother just became an american citizen my closest family members are all in the states i was hoping there was a way to return to the Usa Legaly .

You'd have to apply for a visa suitable to the intent of your entry into the US. Just because you've served out your ban doesn't necessarily mean you are eligible for any particular visa. I suspect since your intent is to come live here, any non-immigrant visa would be dealt with a lot of skepticism. You omitted the reasons for your deportation to begin with. You would probably be best served by giving all of your information to an immigration attorney.

From what you've told us, I am not optimistic of your chances.

(a) You have told us that you're a convicted drug dealer, which normally would mean that your chance of legally reentering the U.S. hovers at roughly 0%.

(b) You cannot jump back into LPR status - you would have to start the entire process from the beginning. You can discuss with your mother the possibility of her sponsoring you as an unmarried child over the age of 21 (assuming you're unmarried), but that preference category has a very long wait.

thanks for the advice ..

reasons for deportation..i pleaded guilty to sale and possesion of marijuana in the stae of new york and was sentenced to served 5 days in jail after that i was pick up by immigration for deportation procedure ..note charges where misdemeanors.

But they were distribution of drug charges ....

1. Sponsored Links