Default How to Get a Custody Order with No Visitation to the Other Parent

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: NC

Now this isnt for me, it is for a friend of mine. She married her soon to be ex husband fairly quick. Got pregnant right off the bat.They werent married a year when seperated. Child was born only 1-2 months before seperation. Husband is very irresponsible, has two other kids in another state he has zero contact with. Has supervised visitation with those children as he has been absent so long. Also has a history of DV but not with the new wife. The child is now right at a year old. Husband has had zero alone parenting time, shows instability with moving constantly, never living in one place long. Also doesn't keep a job long as he doesnt want the IDO for the other children catching up with him. Mom has filed for Child Support and wants to keep the soon to be ex from taking the child alone. As he has threatened to leave with the child. She is afraid if she goes through with asking for childsupport that he will request and be given visitation.

I told her that the baby is young and being as he doesnt know the father, wont just be handed to him. That most likely the father will be granted supervied time for reintroduction. If he follows that plan would be given the over nights and standard visitation. She has never had a night away from the baby. I think she has to realize he is going to be granted visitation, and she cant control it. He may have a iffy background but there is nothing against that child. Also nothing really really serious in his past. I directed her to this site so I am hoping she reads this. I could be wrong as NC is very different than FL.

Default Re: Young Child Absent Dad and Visitation

Jess, have her sign up - we'll help as best we can, as you know

Default Re: Young Child Absent Dad and Visitation

I would add:
    Definitely tell her to go through with the child support. Her child deserves to be supported by both parents. Don't let her fears about the possibility of visitation deter her.

1. Sponsored Links