Default Hot Water Works, But it Takes Two Minutes to Become Hot

My question involves a condominium located in the State of: California

I'm on the top (3rd) floor and whenever I want hot water in sink or shower I have to open the tap all the way and wait two full minutes. Besides being very annoying I'm wasting large amounts of water. The building manager is brushing the problem off. Is this something I can demand that the HOA do something about? Does the fact that I waited until two years after moving in to complain have any bearing on the question?

Default Re: Two Minutes to Get Hot Water at All Times - Can I Make the HOA Fix This

what is it that you want them to do about it? It's a function of the distance between the water heater and your floor. The only real solution is to reduce this distance between the source and the use of the hot water.

do you want to have a hot water heater sitting in your bathroom so you don't have to wait for the hot water? You can also buy small point of use electric hot water heaters that you could put under your bathroom sink and kitchen sink that will give hot water sooner. I added an addition on to my home on the opposite side from the hot water heater and knew it would take forever to get the hot water from the heater to the new bathroom so I installed one of those electric heaters close to the new bathroom that is fed from the main hot water heater.

Besides putting some type of hot water heater in your place there is not much else that can be done.

1. Sponsored Links