Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Inmate Expelled from Educational Program Due to Time Spent in Law Library

No, dear, what's wrong with the legal system is a self-styled skilled litigator whose analytical skills are slightly less than those God gave your average two by for; else you'd have more of a chance of convincing us. It's not that we have failed to provide an unbiased response - none of us have a dog in your hunt, which is the very definition of unbiased. Your problem is that your arguments have failed to convince the unbiased observer.

Default Re: Inmate Expelled from Educational Program Due to Time Spent in Law Library

Quote Quoting VisionaryLegal
    View Post
    What's wrong with the legal system? Look in the mirror.
    Sorry, cowboy, your face only appears in your mirror.

Is this how you operate in court? Make sweeping claims, fail to substantiate them with facts, fail to provide any law to support your positions, then complain that the system is evil because you keep losing?

I'm awesome

View Post
    I'm awesome

I'm sure that you're just THUPER!

He's a troll.

View Post
    Since the Sixth Circuit would be the controlling authority on this issue, notwithstanding the Supreme Court, "First, . . . in order to assure that incarcerated persons have meaningful access to the courts, states are required to provide affirmative assistance in the preparation of legal papers in cases involving constitutional rights and other civil rights actions related to their incarceration. . . . Second, in all other types of civil actions, states may not erect barriers that impede the right of access of incarcerated persons." John L. v. Adams, 969 F.2d 228, 235 (6th Cir. 1992). Prison officials may not retaliate against prisoners for using the courts or trying to do so (see, e.g., Siggers-El v. Barlow, 412 F.3d 693 (6th Cir. 1992)), no matter the form of the retaliation. DeTomaso v. McGinnis, 970 F.2d 211, 214 (7th Cir. 1992) ("whether the retaliation takes the form of property or privileges does not matter") (dictum).
    Okay, so you are permitted access to the library. Still not seeing where the entire prison must now reschedule all other activities to allow you to participate in all things while you are working on your case.

Apparently, you have never been told "no" before... well, since the judge wouldn't just let you go home. This right does not mean that everyone else must do things upon your timetable. Sorry.

I'd say that's a start, but to expand on your notion of incarcerated persons having access to free secondary education, I'd like to learn your thoughts on that after you yourself would spend years incarcerated for a wrongful conviction that becomes later reversed, albeit years after the time was served and thus becomes irreversible. And while you were in you simply tried to pursue your remedies while simultaneously attempting to take advantage of whatever educational opportunities were available.
    Yeah. So you are saying that the taxpayers should provide you with a free education on the off chance you didn't do it? Of course, since you are still incarcerated (with full internet access - again at taxpayer expense), that isn't germane here, either.

I'd say the inmate paid an amount no free person could calculate for his educational endeavors while incarcerated, but in this instance would merely be seeking to recover the approximate amount it would cost to do same in the free world.
    I tell you what. When you start paying for your upkeep, we will discuss what we owe you for the free education you could have taken if you didn't have more important things to do. Apparently, you believe that the penal institution should have scheduled the classes around YOUR schedule.

You seem to think that the state and its taxpayers OWES you something while you are incarcerated. It doesn't. You are being punished.

I know, I know... as an "experienced litigant" you are far more important that most prisoners. You would be surprised at the number of convicted persons come on here to try to explain why he/she were truly innocent of the crime for which they were convicted.

You will recover nothing. Your case will be laughed out of court. Is that clear enough for you?

- - - Updated - - -

View Post
    I'm sorry it appears you didn't get to see a response that suits your agenda. Actually, I responded to the poster's question with an answer that clearly didn't get rebutted (I notice you offered nothing to the contrary in the way of the cases that supported my initial conjecture either); second, the wrongful conviction is not what's at issue and is thus not material to the inquiry in the thread. This is why it would appear that my analytical skills are just as honed as I've been told and as what my demonstrated work would support, therefore, to think I could come to a forum consisting of pompous douchebags to get an informed, unbiased response was clearly a mistake. What's wrong with the legal system? Look in the mirror.

I apologize for being a better litigant and throwing out some bait, but the results were equally informative.
    Kinda full of yourself, aren't you?

Believe it or not, the volunteers all have lives. I realize you probably don't.

Honed? Really?

When you use words like that on the other inmates, I bet you they just LOVE it.

- - - Updated - - -

View Post
    I'm awesome
    Actually, you are delusional. When you get convicted, you have your lawyer up on review by the board. THAT fails... miserably.

Now, you are determined to be reimbursed for a class that, by your own admission, you didn't attend so you could spend time somewhere else. Yes, I know that YOU think your attendance was acceptable. Apparently, the people that were actually in charge of the class disagreed.

You aren't getting a check.

Now, let's talk about that reimbursement for your living expenses.....

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2