Default How to Add in Medical Costs

My question involves child support in the State of: Florida

My ex lives in another state NC I believe. I do not have a phone number or address for him. He has not had contact with the children AT ALL in almost 5 years. With his status as it is I have had my custody changed to Sole parental responsibility. Now CS enforcement has tracked him to NC. They have a UIFSA there. He pays infrequntly but they do get IDOs on him. he has also been taken to court alot for contempt. They do not tell me anything, the states dont seem to communicate well at all! I have tried to get his address from both FL and NC and they wont release it to me.

He is ordered here in FL to pay 1/2 of uncovered medical for the children. THAT IS A LARGE sum at this point. Our oldest has braces and my dental only covered 1500 of the 5800. I have been having a hard time keeping up on that. The oldest also needs bubble wrap and has had a fractured arm and finger and even an ER visit from being knocked out on the softball field. The younger of the two goes to the allergest weekly and I have a deductable and my medical only pays 80%. I have EOBs for the last 5 years. His portion is over 4000 with the braces dental and medical. How do I get this added into his arrerages here. (the ordering state) so that North Carolina will enforce. They will not enforce medical but will enforce court ordered arrerages. (he is currently over 12000 in arrears now).

Default Re: How to Add in Medical Costs

It's actually somewhat unusual for the court or CSE to add medical arrearages into the general arrears. Most won't even attempt to collect.

Your recourse seems to be one of two courses - either find him and sue him in small claims (since it's not technically child support they might just take the case...though collecting it is a different matter entirely), or take him to family court for contempt.

A quick question though. Did you submit the bills to him in a "timely" fashion?

I cant submit them to him in a timely fashion. We have had zero contact since Dec of 08. He stopped seeing the kids in Sept of 08, then Dec of 08 he said he was moving. Then Jan of 08 I tried to call and his cell phone was off. He has never updated any info with me or the courts here in FL. That is how I recieved Sole Parental Responsibility, suspending his visitation.

Then whether or not you'll get anything from beyond say 6 months ago is a 50/50 toss up.

Yuck... this system sucks monkey butt. One person does the right thing and gets it handed to them over and over. Then another does the wrong thing but somehow is able to avoid their responsibilities! This blended family thing is for the birds lol. Hubby here keeps getting the shaft and is trying to do right (for the most part) then my ex can haul off and basically get away with doing what he wants phooey!

1. Sponsored Links