Default Seller Misrepresented Used Car, Purchased and Shipped From Another State

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: I'm in NY, but car is from a FL dealer

I purchased a car from a used car dealer in FL, I called the dealer from my office number where calls are all recorded automatically. I listened to the calls to ensure that I did not miss anything, and the dealer clearly indicated the following:

1.) There are no errors appearing on the dashboard, this is untrue - the check engine light comes on, and there is a misfire. The mechanic stated that most likely the codes were cleared prior to being shipped since the code would not have just appeared. I specifically asked if there were any mechanical issues and she stated there are no errors that appear. This is the first issue that was misstated.
    2.) The dealer mentioned that the Navigation DVD is included, it's just outdated. There is no Navigation DVD at all. The DVD drive is empty.
    3.) The dealer stated the tires are in good condition. The tires all needed to be replaced.

The cost to correct these issues are the following:

1.) To correct the misfire was $700 + $300 in parts, this is still ongoing, there may be additional problems
    2.) Navigation DVD on eBay is $119.
    3.) Tires were $900
    4.) The car is at the mechanic now, it may need a part that sells for $2,000 (and there are two of these parts on the car).

Again, please note that none of these costs would be warranted based on the information provided me on the recorded line. Please let me know how I should address. Thanks!

Default Re: Seller Misrepresented Used Car, Purchased and Shipped From Another State

This purchase was as-is? Is there an online ad or other ad you can reference?
    Quote Quoting omf24
    View Post
    1.) To correct the misfire was $700 + $300 in parts, this is still ongoing, there may be additional problems
    Your mechanic says the codes were "likely" cleared - so he's not taking the position that they were cleared, just that it's likely?
    Quote Quoting omf24
    2.) Navigation DVD on eBay is $119.
    When you called the dealer and asked for the missing DVD, what did they tell you?
    Quote Quoting omf24
    3.) Tires were $900
    Exactly what was wrong with the tires that necessitated replacement? When you contacted the dealer and described the problem, what did they say?
    Quote Quoting omf24
    4.) The car is at the mechanic now, it may need a part that sells for $2,000 (and there are two of these parts on the car).
    You've shared no context. What are these expensive mystery parts and how do they tie into the rest of the story?

1. Sponsored Links