Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Assaulted in Jail Due to Officer Negligence

My question involves civil rights in the State of: washington

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? washington

if i was assaulted in jail due to officer negligence is the jail responsible for the doctor bill ?? i can prove it due to kites , and a 25 page log of what happened, other paperwork and witnesses and jail video if it hasnt been destroyed... i have been told i need to talk to a lawyer about my situation by many people including corrections officers.. i ended up with 2 broken bones in my back.. also is if possible that i have a civil rights case

do i need to give more details????

Default Re: Assaulted in Jail/ Civil Rights

You need to speak with an attorney who can evaluate your case and look into the matter if he or she feels there is a valid claim. Merely being assaulted in jail does not automatically give rise to a valid claim against the jail. The details will matter.

Consult an attorney as soon as possible.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

where online can i find washington state correction rules and guidelines/protocol.... i want to know the rules and laws they have to adbide by

Quote Quoting tjtat
    View Post
    where online can i find washington state correction rules and guidelines/protocol.... i want to know the rules and laws they have to adbide by
    First, was this a state prison or a county jail?

Second, you will also need to locate any policy and procedure manual for jail operations and staff.

Third, you will need to identify the specific policy, procedure, or law that was violated which CAUSED your injury. This is not easy, and is NOT a do-it-yourself project!

If you have a legitimate claim of injury and it was not brought on by YOUR actions, then you should have no problem finding an attorney who will handle your case on contingency (in other words, he would agree to take the case without payment up front as he would expect payment from any settlement you might receive). If the attorney asks for money up front, then the case may not be that good.

Here is a link to the state DOC polices: http://www.doc.wa.gov/policies/default.aspx ... you will see how voluminous it is and why you really need a professional to help evaluate the facts of YOUR case.

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,

county jail.. i do have an inmate manual for this particular jail.. it states there #1 goal is to ensure inmate safety which they failed at miserably

Quote Quoting tjtat
    View Post
    county jail.. i do have an inmate manual for this particular jail.. it states there #1 goal is to ensure inmate safety which they failed at miserably
    That GOAL does not equal a legal mandate.

Consult an attorney.

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,

i was put in a unit with felony inmates getting ready to go to prison.. i on the other hand was there for a misdemeanor... i was assaulted in my cell by 2 inmates while 2 others stood outside my cell for one of two reasons... 1. prevent me from getting out or 2. prevent others from helping me.. i showed a kite to an officer about the incident and he says he will look into it.. instead he puts it on a table and logs off and gos home for the day..he didnt sign off on the kite and give it to a superior officer like he should have.. officers on the next shift found the kite on a table...

thats just the start of it ... it gets worse

Um, kites?

The things made out of wood and paper that children fly on the end of strings on windy days? What Benjamin Franklin used to study electricity?

What do kites have to do with it and how are they evidence of your assault?

kite " its a jail form on how you interaction with officers and jail personnel " i have a kite that says the jail is going to pay the doctor bills.. but i now have bills coming to my home over it... i had money put on my books .. the jail took it.. i sent out a kite asking why... they said for medical bills. i sent a kite to jail billing stating that i was told that the jail was going to pay for it... i get a response stating i was correct... my money was put back on my books.. why am i getting the bills for it

i ended up doing the remainder of my time on 24 hour lock down

Cyjeff, as mentioned a "kite" is a message ... you know, sending up a kite? It's what messages to staff are often referred to by those on the inside - staff and inmates.

tjtat, all that you have said simply reinforces my previous and oft-repeated statement that you need to consult an attorney!

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast