Exclamation Moving Out at End of Lease Agreement: Roomate Charging for Damages

I live in the state of MO. My roommate and I have been living in the apt (lease cosigned) for a year with the lease ending this year end. She has renewed the lease on her name and I am moving out. She plans to assess the damages to my room and charge me. Can she do that legally? Am I responsible to her or just to the leasing office?

Default Re: Moving Out at End of Lease Agreement: Roomate Charging for Damages

Did you cause damage to the room? You are free to see if the landlord will repair any damage you caused at your expense, to take your roommate out of the loop.

Nope. There is no damage in my room and since my room mate is renewing the lease, the leasing office people cannot enter the premises to assess any kind of damage (unless the apartment is completely vacated). So does she have any legal right to charge me any money ? We have not had a good living relationship and hence the whole drama about charging me for damages etc.

You just told us that she has no reason to charge you any money. We have to take your word for it.

1. Sponsored Links