Default Landlord Served Notice of Eviction

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Florida. My family and I moved into a new home in Florida, we just moved from Texas in December. So we have been in the house for a little less than two months. We thought everything was going fine. But then the next door is constantly complaining about my weenie dog barking when she is out to potty. Which my dog does but she is barking at her 5 weenie dogs and they bark as well. Then my dryer went out, and its been raining a lot. So my husband hung a clothes line in the sun room so I could dry our 5 kids clothes for school. Also haven't had any money to go to the laundry mat. Then sometime after Christmas, all of a sudden the next door neighbor and her son are the supposed "property managers". This was not in the lease, they also have keys to our house. Well any back to the sun room. My husband had to hang up one nail to put the rope up and he used a nail that was already in the trim for the other side. Well now as of yesterday 01/14/2013 I was awoken by a deputy and he handed me a 15 notice to move out! That we have broken the lease. So my question is, is that legal?? My landlord did NOT call me or send me a notice of any kind that we weren't allowed to put a nail in the wall. He also said that my step son cannot stay here and he is 15. And that we can't use a light that he has outside to see in the backyard. He told us one thing before we moved in and another after we moved in!!!! Can he kick my family and I out for a nail hole?????

Default Re: Landlord Breaks Lease

Quote Quoting jennyon1979
    View Post
    My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Florida. My family and I moved into a new home in Florida, we just moved from Texas in December. So we have been in the house for a little less than two months. We thought everything was going fine. But then the next door is constantly complaining about my weenie dog barking when she is out to potty. Which my dog does but she is barking at her 5 weenie dogs and they bark as well. Then my dryer went out, and its been raining a lot. So my husband hung a clothes line in the sun room so I could dry our 5 kids clothes for school. Also haven't had any money to go to the laundry mat. Then sometime after Christmas, all of a sudden the next door neighbor and her son are the supposed "property managers". This was not in the lease, they also have keys to our house. Well any back to the sun room. My husband had to hang up one nail to put the rope up and he used a nail that was already in the trim for the other side. Well now as of yesterday 01/14/2013 I was awoken by a deputy and he handed me a 15 notice to move out! That we have broken the lease. So my question is, is that legal?? My landlord did NOT call me or send me a notice of any kind that we weren't allowed to put a nail in the wall. He also said that my step son cannot stay here and he is 15. And that we can't use a light that he has outside to see in the backyard. He told us one thing before we moved in and another after we moved in!!!! Can he kick my family and I out for a nail hole?????
    No, they cannot. However they can make you go through the aggravation of an eviction case in court. They shouldn't win the case, but they can put you through that aggravation.

Default Re: Landlord Served Notice of Eviction

What is the term of your lease? Is it month-to-month? Was this a standard 15-day notice instructing you that your landlord was ending your tenancy pursuant to Fl. Statutes Sec. 83.03(3)?

Default Re: Landlord Served Notice of Eviction

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    What is the term of your lease? Is it month-to-month? Was this a standard 15-day notice instructing you that your landlord was ending your tenancy pursuant to Fl. Statutes Sec. 83.03(3)?
    Its a year lease. Yes standard form. Now we can stay in our home but now he wants us to sign a new lease. But the ink isn't even dry on our year lease. Can he make a new lease over the already existing lease???? Also our neighbor is sitting outside and taking pictures of what we are doing and is reporting every move we make to the landlord. Isn't that harassment or invasion of privacy???

1. Sponsored Links