Default Re: Denied Entry at Poe and B1 Visa Cancelled

She may be denied for lying to immigration on her intent to immigrate to the US. I would not hold my breath.

Default Denied Entry at Port of Entry and B1 Visa Cancelled

Hello,

I was travelling with GF back to the US, she has a B1 visa and i am a US citizen. My GF has a new B1 visa 10yr multiple entry issued and she also has an expired 10yr multiple entry visa. Her main purpose of visit is to get a divorce in Nevada from her estranged husband which she could not get in her country since there is no divorce law there then after get a fiancee visa and go back to her country. At POE in Minneapolis she was questioned on her intent of stay here in the US, at first i advised her to say she is just visiting family/friends because i was afraid our true intentions will get her denied. I too got questioned and stuck with our story and denied that we do not have a relationship just friends. Officers then rummaged through our belongings and found our pictures together. After that they separated my GF in another room to be questioned further and me realizing it's already pointless at this point came out clean. Officer then told us she is going back to her country of origin and her visa cancelled. She was sent back that day, they did not even let me say goodbye to her. I begged the officer to no avail. Afterwards i requested to speak to a supervisor to plea our case, he was kind enough to talk to me anf he told me that we should have been honest from the get go (a grave mistake in our part), he also mention he did not put a ban on GF and told me have my GF re apply for a visa and be honest with the consulate of what transpired and to be honest with the officers at immigration next time she tries to enter the US. My question are:

Will she have any problems re applying for another B1 visa at the consulate?
    Will this event affect her when we finally apply for a fiancee visa?
    Will she have a problem getting into US (POE) if she does get another visa?

Please help. Thank you in advance.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry i forgot to mention she has a clean record on her previous travels here in the US, 2003 (1month), 2006 (2months), 2009 (2months).

Default Re: Denied Entry at Port of Entry and B1 Visa Cancelled

Quote Quoting z2bacardi
    View Post
    Will she have any problems re applying for another B1 visa at the consulate?
    Quite possibly.
    Quote Quoting z2bacardi
    Will this event affect her when we finally apply for a fiancee visa?
    Quite possibly.
    Quote Quoting z2bacardi
    Will she have a problem getting into US (POE) if she does get another visa?
    Quite possibly.

I would expect that when she was turned back the immigration officer noted an INA section in her passport. What was that number?

1. Sponsored Links