Default Auto Accident, My Fault, Seeking Monetary Compensation from My Own Insurance Company

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

My question is whether I need to seek a PI attorney or whether I can do this myself?

Recently I was involved in an auto accident which was my fault. I suffered from neck injuries and would like to receive monetary compensation.

I was told that when seeking monetary compensation two steps needs to be completed. First, I need to find a medical provider (chiropractor) that is willing to negotiate the bill when paid. Second, once I complete treatment and receive an evaluation of my injuries along with the bill, I am supposed to submit the claim to the insurance company. When the insurance company settles the case, I negotiate the bill with the medical provider which is typically limited to 33% of the settlement check.

I am having problem because the insurance company is requesting support that the bill was actually paid. My question is whether my results would be the same if the I seek out a PI attorney to handle the case. I am wondering if the results would have been different if I was not at fault.

Any advice would be helpful as well as any resources that I can look to such as books and technical manuals. Thanks.

Default Re: Auto Accident, My Fault, Seeking Monetary Compensation from My Own Insurance Comp

what monetary compensation are you attempting to obtain here? For what?

who are you expecting to sue with a PI attorney? yourself?

If you have medical coverage on your auto insurance, it is really simple: you submit your bills to them and they pay them. Other than that, you are not due anything. You are not going to profit from an accident that was your fault.

It sounds like you have been reading some website that tells you how to scam your insurance company and get money you are not due.

1. Sponsored Links