Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Clueless Federal Government

Never assume you'll be getting a refund ... the IRS can always hold it up, even if due. Right?

I think the bigger issue it the feds being involved in every aspect of our life's .not to mention you shouldn't have to pay a tax on your income in the 1st place it's an illegal tax.. dissolve the irs and federal reserve (not even a part of the federal Government) but they pretend to be. have a sound Monetary policy and people would have more money. my belief is that most American are in poverty because of poor policies and Corrupt government

Quote Quoting Patriot1776
    View Post
    I think the bigger issue it the feds being involved in every aspect of our life's .not to mention you shouldn't have to pay a tax on your income in the 1st place it's an illegal tax.. dissolve the irs and federal reserve (not even a part of the federal Government) but they pretend to be. have a sound Monetary policy and people would have more money. my belief is that most American are in poverty because of poor policies and Corrupt government

Have fun telling that to the IRS.

Or, you could always move.

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    Have fun telling that to the IRS.

Or, you could always move.
    I would rather elect a president and if congress is against it use executive order to obtain it . but we missed that chance instead we have four more years of tyranny.

Okey dokey!

According to the news, the IRS had to delay filing season because Congress failed to act timely on some tax issues like the Alternative Minumum Tax, and payroll deductions.

Which would be better for everyone- get the right tax forms out there for everyone to file- but delay it by a few weeks. Or slap something together and then ask everyone to amend their returns later because of the last minute tax changes.

Every agency, including the IRS are driven by Congress. The OP can always write to their elected official.

One fix is to set up a Christmas club fund now and set aside some money each month. By the time Christmas comes around there will be money to buy the gifts with cash, and not rely on credit cards and tax refunds.

Quote Quoting distressedmom
    View Post
    According to the news, the IRS had to delay filing season because Congress failed to act timely on some tax issues like the Alternative Minumum Tax, and payroll deductions.

Which would be better for everyone- get the right tax forms out there for everyone to file- but delay it by a few weeks. Or slap something together and then ask everyone to amend their returns later because of the last minute tax changes.

Every agency, including the IRS are driven by Congress. The OP can always write to their elected official.

One fix is to set up a Christmas club fund now and set aside some money each month. By the time Christmas comes around there will be money to buy the gifts with cash, and not rely on credit cards and tax refunds.

I especially love that last sentence - Christmas Club funds! They were really common in the UK once, but I hadn't really thought of them at all since I moved to the US.

Unfortunately for some of us...charging things is the only way to go right now. And I'm not talking frivolous stuff, I'm talking gas in the car (2009 Chevy Cobalt, so it's not like I'm driving an expensive car), oil change, car insurance, and storage unit for my belongings while I stay as a guest here.

Once upon a time, I had $10K in the bank, and a full time job and a part time job. And of course, the Help Wanted ads in the paper covered 3-4 pages, not 1/4 page.

Once upon a time, I never dreamed I would be on food stamps. And spend hours every day, 7 days a week, searching job ads and applying for everything imaginable. Even my Vocational Rehab Counselor has said she's never seen anyone work so hard to find work, she wishes all her clients could try as hard as I do. The feedback they get from places I have applied is all positive - but they want someone with experience, or someone with recent office work.

So hey - just know that one morning, you can wake up "poor and stupid" also.

You have absolutely no idea how poor any of us may or may not have been.

No, that other poster has no clue.

There are so many people out there that hate having to turn to Food Stamps, Food Banks, and other assistance.

Sure, there will always be people who play the system and make no effort to help themselves, but that applies to the minority of people on assistance. And sure, there are always people who will put in the required amount of job applications per month for Unemployment and not put any real effort into the job search - that's frustrating for me because my resume ends up in the same pile as those who just simply applied to say they applied.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast