Default Access to Storage

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Florida

I currently rent a house that has a storage unit attached right to the building (i can get to it either outside or thru my bedroom closet). My question is can my landlord just go in whenever he wants to even if he has nothing stored there and is he allowed to store his own property there (he lives on a seperate property no where near me)? He seems to think that he can just go in and out of it as he pleases even though he is not doing any work in it nor have anything stored there. thanks

Default Re: Access to Storage

Quote Quoting CLSG
    View Post
    My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Florida

I currently rent a house that has a storage unit attached right to the building (i can get to it either outside or thru my bedroom closet). My question is can my landlord just go in whenever he wants to even if he has nothing stored there and is he allowed to store his own property there (he lives on a seperate property no where near me)? He seems to think that he can just go in and out of it as he pleases even though he is not doing any work in it nor have anything stored there. thanks
    Unless your lease says differently, no he cannot do that. You need to very politely let him know that you do not agree to him accessing the storage unit.

Why does he go in and out of the storage unit? Most outdoor storage units aren't very pleasant places to visit.

What does your lease say about the exclusivity of your possession and use of the yard and storage unit (if anything)?

was the storage unit addressed in your lease? when you say you are renting a house are you renting the entire structure?

1. Sponsored Links