Default Public Intoxication - Expunge, or other options

Back in 2002, during my college years, I made a mistake and was arrested for public intoxication after a heavy night of drinking. I spent a night in the drunk tank and paid a $300 fine. I dropped it out of my mind soon after.

When I graduated last year, I nearly lost a job in my new career after a criminal background check. I failed to disclose the misdemeanor on my application.

I have been reading a bit and know I can file a petition to have my record expunged under 1203.4a.

From what I understand, I will still have to answer the criminal history question with "Yes-Conviction Dismissed when asked". I am deathly afraid of losing a future job due to this silly mistake. I would prefer not to have to answer this question that way.

What can I do further than the 1203.4a petition to have this completely erased from my past? What if I decide to become an FBI/CIA agent at some point? President of the USA? If I am successful in having my arrest record destroyed under 851.8, will this be forever forgotten? Any help is appreciated!

Default Re: Public Intoxication - Expunge, or other options

You could consider trying to obtain a pardon - but even that won't make your record go away.

1. Sponsored Links