Default Violation of Privacy and Defamation on Website and Website Refused to Remove Info

My question involves defamation in the state of: Texas

Someone posted information about where I live, where I work, they even went so far to post a google maps picture of my dwelling on a public forum website. I purchased an animal from a person associated with this website and after it did not work out (currently another legal issue) this person started a thread about me on the website. People on that website sided with him and even went so far as to email my work, and accuse me of doing illegal activities. When i contacted the website owner to have this removed, they refused. What legal action do I have?

Default Re: Violation of Privacy and Defamation on Website and Website Refused to Remove Info

As a reptile enthusiast I'm pretty appalled by the way you treated that poor snake. The videos you posted showed you flipping an ill snake on its back repeatedly. You say you forced a tube into the snake's mouth to give her water despite her eating just the day before. You don't seem to know how to treat a sick snake, or you just don't care that you're causing the poor creature undue stress. Would you like it if someone was constantly bothering and handling you while you were sick? Yeah snakes don't like it either!

I can't comment on your options for getting your personal info removed, but can comment about the defamation claim. You don't have one. The person who sold you the snake might have one, though. You publicly accused a snake breeder of selling animals infected with IBD; a serious accusation that could cost that breeder customers due to the disease's devastating effects. So you spread false information to hundreds of people and potentially caused the seller economic damages.

Honestly I think your best course of action is to give it a rest. Stop posting, let the thread die and people will move on. IANAL and this is practical advice, not legal advice.

1. Sponsored Links