Default Which Street Cleaning Sign Applies Here (No Parking)

I am a California resident who lives in between two streets that merge. Both undergo street sweeping on Wednesdays (8AM-11AM) and Fridays (8AM-11AM) in different segments. Today I received a ticket for Wednesday street cleaning (80.69B) even though (I assumed) I was parked in the Friday zone.

Because of the way the streets merge together, the Friday zone becomes the Wednesday zone as you walk against traffic. (See photos for clarity.)

My car is on the left (above). The Wednesday sign is behind it.

Front of the car. You can see the Friday sign up ahead.

Close-up of the Friday sign 40-50(?) feet in front of my car.

Common sense tells me that the sign facing my car, and not behind the car, apply to the zone in which the car is parked. For this reason, I was going to contest the ticket I received. However, I wanted to be sure that the citation I received is indeed illegal. Where can I find, in writing, which signs legally apply to a specific curbside domain?

I appreciate your insights.

Default Re: Which Street Cleaning Sign Applies Here (No Parking)

Is your car that little white car? If so, what it looks like to me is you are on the road that has Wednesday cleaning but almost on the road that has Friday cleaning. Note the street sign immediately to the front right of your car. I suspect that is the delineation point

Quote Quoting interstellar memorandum
    View Post
    Common sense tells me that the sign facing my car, and not behind the car, apply to the zone in which the car is parked. For this reason, I was going to contest the ticket I received. However, I wanted to be sure that the citation I received is indeed illegal. Where can I find, in writing, which signs legally apply to a specific curbside domain?
    My common sense tells me that you were parked on Mariposa...

And if Mariposa gets street sweeping on Wednesday (as per the following sign):

Then you were illegally parked.

[On second thought, and so as not to blow your cover -if in case you are trying to keep your location under wraps (difficult to do with you posting the street names)- I have deleted the portion of my post that shows the overhead view of the location which clearly shows you were parked on Mariposa.

Parking signs which do not have any arrows typically apply to the entire block (with the one exception where another sign is posted changing that particular mandate/prohibition.

Parking signs which have arrows are typically indicative of a point where the mandate/prohibition starts/ends and it continues in the direction of the arrow.

Do they ever actually clean the streets? If not, write the parking authority and ask them to forgive the ticket and remove the signs.

1. Sponsored Links