Default Obtaining security clearance with a juvenile criminal record

I'm 22 years old, and about to get an internship which requires me to get security clearance (using a form like the sf-86). The agency conducting this is allowed to access any records of mine, including juvenile records. My adult record is clean, but when I was 17, I got into some trouble involving shoplifting/burglary. I don't remember exactly what happened to me, but I do know that I was not arrested and never went to court, all I had to do was take a class and that was pretty much it. One of the questions asks: "Have you ever been charged with or convicted of a felony offense?" I am supposed to include any juvenile activity in my answer.

My question is, since I was never arrested or went to court, could I have been actually charged and convicted of something? Would something like this show up on a record?

if all you had to do was take a class, it seems unlikely that the offense was a felony.

Default Criminal Record

If you were not arrested and did not go to court, you weren't charged or convicted. But since your memory is unclear, you should probably order a copy of your criminal record from your state just to be sure.

1. Sponsored Links