Unhappy Employer is Appealing Unemployment After Employee Declined Part-Time Work

My question involves unemployment benefits for the state of: MA

I was working for a temp to perm agency inside of an insurance agency. It was suppsoed to be a 90 day temp to hire. At the end of the 90 days they decided to extend it until mid August. No contract, just verbal. At the beginning of August I asked my team lead for an update. He informed me that my "contract" was to 22 and that we would have a meeting then. On the 22 we had a meeting and they told me my contract was up and that they were not extending it becuase I called in once and was late once. They offered me a part-time job, but I told them I need full-time.

I contacted the temp agency and asked for any temp - to hire or perm opportunites and she said she only had part time.

The next day I got an email from teh agency asking why i didn't show up for work. I explained what happened and she said that my contract was over until friday (wed. is when I had the meeting.) I told her there is a misunderstand, cuz that is not what they told me.

I starting recieving benefits and now they sent appealed the decision of me recieving them and if i lose i have to pay back the money.

I have no evidence, the email was through my work email, which i no longer have access to.

What can I do to win my case?

Default Re: Employer is Appealing Unemployment After Employee Declined Part-Time Work

Are they claiming that you should not qualify for unemployment because you were terminated for missing work? That you should get a partial benefit, or no benefit, because you had the opportunity to continue part-time but chose to forego that income? Something else? A combination of factors?

Default Re: Employer is Appealing Unemployment After Employee Declined Part-Time Work

They were saying that I voluntarily quit. However, I already had the hearing. They were a no show. They didn't even have any evidence. I think it was a scare tactic.

Their present appeal is predicated upon what, and the reason they gave for not appearing or submitting evidence for the prior hearing is what?

They didn't have a reason for not appearing. The hearing officer told me I was free to go and that the case was dead. But thank you for replying.

If the appeal is over, it's over and I'm not sure what you're trying to ask. If they are again appealing, and you have no information about their appeal, you need to find out what is going on and share the facts with us.

Well, I'm not trying to ask anything. I asked the question before the appeal and you answered after it already happened. Was just letting you know that I didn't need your advice anymore because it already happened. Again, thanks for you replying but it's over and done with.

1. Sponsored Links