Default Fraud question in Oklahoma re: mispresenting adopting parents

Are there any laws to protect birthmothers? I put my child up for adoption years ago, but have now discovered the adoptive parents were NOT who I was told: ie, their professions, but more importantly their AGES were hugely misrepresented by the attorney. I have pictures of who I thought was adopting, but they do not match who adopted. Due to the extreme age differences, I would NOT have chosen them. Is that considered fraud and do I have any recourse? The child is of legal age now. Thanks for any quidance. CJ

Default Re: Fraud question in OK re: mispresenting adopting parents

Quote Quoting CarlaJane
    View Post
    Are there any laws to protect birthmothers? I put my child up for adoption years ago, but have now discovered the adoptive parents were NOT who I was told: ie, their professions, but more importantly their AGES were hugely misrepresented by the attorney. I have pictures of who I thought was adopting, but they do not match who adopted. Due to the extreme age differences, I would NOT have chosen them. Is that considered fraud and do I have any recourse? The child is of legal age now. Thanks for any quidance. CJ
    As you said, this happened, years ago and the child is an adult. You consented to adoption and gave up your parental rights and any say in their future. Any statute of limitations is long past nor do you even provide your state or any facts other than they were older than you would have preferred. Since women have with egg donation given birth in their 60's and fathers in their 90's have fathered children, what does age have to do with any thing other than they might be more mature and stable than younger parents.

Default Re: Fraud question in OK re: mispresenting adopting parents

It is true I gave up my rights, but I did so based on information that was fraudulent. The parents did not have college degrees, and with an age gap of thirty years between them, did not provide the stability that I believed a couple with college degrees and who were matched age appropriately would have. The whole reason I gave up the child was so he would have a more emotionally and financially secure life.

Quote Quoting rmet4nzkx
    View Post
    As you said, this happened, years ago and the child is an adult. You consented to adoption and gave up your parental rights and any say in their future. Any statute of limitations is long past nor do you even provide your state or any facts other than they were older than you would have preferred. Since women have with egg donation given birth in their 60's and fathers in their 90's have fathered children, what does age have to do with any thing other than they might be more mature and stable than younger parents.

Default Re: Fraud question in Oklahoma re: mispresenting adopting parents

And what does age of the parents have to do with that? Some people without a high school diploma have done very well and some people with advanced degrees are crooks. What matters is that your child was loved and wanted by the parents who adopted him. Do you know how things turned out, do you have contact with him?

1. Sponsored Links