Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Re: How Long Does It Take to Unsuspend a License After Fta

Okay they are all failures to appear but at the same time only 4 of them opted to put a Hold the rest simply have open civil assessments NO HOLDS and I didn't say they didn't have traffic I said non criminal and I wasn't familiar with the metro one my bad....when I say bail amount I mean bail amount and when I say fine amount I mean fine amount.

I also would like to pose a new question the first time he went to court it was after he had failed to appear so he had rescheduled a court date then added to the charges was a misdemeanor FTA as previously stated he tried to plead not guilty but had no bail money so was forced to plead guilty the judge gave him no option of a trial by jury is the judge supposed to give this option or provide some form of paperwork stating such?

Quote Quoting matt4200
    View Post
    Okay they are all failures to appear but at the same time only 4 of them opted to put a Hold the rest simply have open civil assessments NO HOLDS and I didn't say they didn't have traffic I said non criminal and I wasn't familiar with the metro one my bad....when I say bail amount I mean bail amount and when I say fine amount I mean fine amount.
    The bail, as used in traffic offenses, is most often used to secure a trial date or a TBWD. A fine is something imposed after a verdict of guilty. In some instances, if a person is facing incarceration as a result of FTAs, bail can be posted in lieu of jail. We would have to know more about the specific circumstances of each incident to venture a guess as to what was going on. But, in the long run, he has to deal with a lot of FTAs and will have to pay a lot of money before he will have a chance of getting his license back.

I also would like to pose a new question the first time he went to court it was after he had failed to appear so he had rescheduled a court date then added to the charges was a misdemeanor FTA as previously stated he tried to plead not guilty but had no bail money so was forced to plead guilty the judge gave him no option of a trial by jury is the judge supposed to give this option or provide some form of paperwork stating such?
    If he was being held on a jailable misdemeanor he could have pled not guilty and been remanded into custody and gone to trial. He chose to stay free and opted, instead, to plead guilty.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Well his plan is to go to South Africa because he has dual citizenship here and there and get an international driver license from there and come back here what would your thoughts be on that?

His driving privileges in CA would still be suspended and he would be subject to citations/arrest if caught. His vehicle could also be impounded.

Quote Quoting matt4200
    View Post
    Well his plan is to go to South Africa because he has dual citizenship here and there and get an international driver license from there and come back here what would your thoughts be on that?
    As mentioned by free9man, he would still be suspended and unable to lawfully drive. And many states in the USA do NOT recognize these "international" licenses - neither does CA.

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,

Yeah but if he presents in international license to the officer if pulled over how would the officer know his CA license is suspended?

- - - Updated - - -

Vehicle Code
    Section 12502
    (a) The following persons may operate a motor vehicle in this state without obtaining a driver license under this code:
    (1) A nonresident over the age of 18 years having in his or her immediate possession a valid driver license issued by a foreign jurisdiction of which he or she is a resident, except as provided in Section 12505.

- - - Updated - - -

What does it mean by foreign jurisdiction?

Quote Quoting matt4200
    View Post
    Yeah but if he presents in international license to the officer if pulled over how would the officer know his CA license is suspended?
    First clue would be handing the officer a license not recognized in CA.

Second clue would come when the officer runs the operator's name and birthdate and is told by the DMV that he is suspended.

What does it mean by foreign jurisdiction?
    325. A "foreign jurisdiction" is any other state, the District of
    Columbia, territories or possessions of the United States, and
    foreign states, provinces, or countries.

But, if your license is suspended here then it is suspended her regardless of who else has given you a license to operate elsewhere.

And, yes, we do tend to run the names of people with foreign licenses to check for status in CA.

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,

Really?

Just being honest a friend of mine had his CA license suspended so he went to Oregon where he was born and got a driver license out there then came back to CA and drives with it I've been in the car while he's been pulled over they run his Oregon License nothing about his CA suspension comes up at least the cops didn't say so....

- - - Updated - - -

He just told him that he's from Oregon but came down to CA for a week or so

- - - Updated - - -

So by that definition of a foreign jurisdiction then an international driver license should be accepatable? Or one from South Africa should be am I correct in assuming this?

Quote Quoting matt4200
    View Post
    Really?

Just being honest a friend of mine had his CA license suspended so he went to Oregon where he was born and got a driver license out there then came back to CA and drives with it I've been in the car while he's been pulled over they run his Oregon License nothing about his CA suspension comes up at least the cops didn't say so....
    Then they either did not run his license, his license was not suspended, or they simply ran it through Oregon (which would be unheard of anywhere I know of).

Why does he keep getting pulled over???

Oh, and when OR gets wind of his CA suspension, THAT license will also likely be suspended. There is a process in place to prevent just what your friend is doing ... and since to apply for his OR license he probably neglected to advise OR that his CA license had been suspended, that could be enough by itself.

So by that definition of a foreign jurisdiction then an international driver license should be accepatable?
    Nope. Pray, tell, what country operates under the name "International?"

Or one from South Africa should be am I correct in assuming this?
    Yes. For a limited time, if a tourist. Also, if no also suspended here. But, except for the agency that your other friend has been stopped by, his name and birthday will be run if stopped and they will find his license suspended.

Gee ... you do seem to have a lot of friends that get in trouble ... perhaps you should consider a better class of associates? I hung around with a rough crowd in high school and they have not had half as many contacts with the police as you and your friends seem to have.

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,

These are all different friends haha

Also the friend with the Oregon driver license is the one who got arrested with me back in April for the poss of hash which was rejected by the DA but at that time he was on Ca probation but because the officers saw his Oregon driver license they neglected to ask if he was on probation so the whole 72 hours he was in jail it never came up that he was on probation.....I think maybe you guys in NorCal have a better system in place than LA county does... I mean he was arrested and booked and nothing came up anywhere that he was on felony probation and he got OR because they thought he was from Oregon by running his Oregon record nothing came up...

Also I doubt that they would suspend a South African license because CA tells them we have a CA suspension on his license for failing to appear just my opinion.... Plus that'd be a lot of paperwork between the US and Africa haha

- - - Updated - - -

These aren't ppol I see daily just friends I see like once or twice a month..

1. Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast