Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default How to Get a Temporary Child Support Order Due to Company Holiday Shut Down

My question involves child support in the State of: CA

It is urgent. My company informed last week that company will have 10 days shut down during christmas and new year. By chance, this thursday I have a hearing in the court about spousal support. So I go to court today and want to add this shut down issue to thursday's hearing.

But the clerk people do not want to add it and said I have to file a separate hearing date about this issue. The clerk's point is that this thursday's hearing is about spousal support, but I want to change child support during the company shut down. So they need a separate hearing.

Can I just went to court hearing this thursday and bring up this issue to the judge directly? Because the clerk does not want to add it in thursday's hearing.

Default Re: How to Get a Temporary Child Support Order Due to Company Holiday Shut Down

What does your lawyer advise?

Default Re: How to Get a Temporary Child Support Order Due to Company Holiday Shut Down

no lawyer, the divorce is done.

Perhaps the bigger problem will be actually trying to collect the CS.

What are your reasons though for wanting to address CS during what is admittedly a very short shut down?

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    Perhaps the bigger problem will be actually trying to collect the CS.

What are your reasons though for wanting to address CS during what is admittedly a very short shut down?
    After reading some of his other threads, it appears he is the one paying. OP, you're paying on an average of what you make per (week/month/whatever) Just because you're off for ten days, doesn't mean it changes anything as far as your payments go.

Oh! I hadn't realized! Well, the answer is...

A 10 day shut-down is not going to affect child support at all.

And what Christina said

Thank you guys for reply!

I am not going to change the child support permanently. The 10 days shut down will affect two of my pay stabs(two weeks per pay stab). The reason for changing the support for two pay stabs is that if without cutting child support, my income in January 2013 will be lower than my apartment rental, not mentioning any daily life cost. I only ask for a temporary child support cut in January 2013.

The fundamental reason is that my child support plus daycare fee is more than 50% of my after tax income. That is why I asked another thread about whether it is possible to cut day care cost($500.00/month, my share) since I already pay $1160.00/month child support.

Quote Quoting fairca
    View Post
    Thank you guys for reply!

I am not going to change the child support permanently. The 10 days shut down will affect two of my pay stabs(two weeks per pay stab). The reason for changing the support for two pay stabs is that if without cutting child support, my income in January 2013 will be lower than my apartment rental, not mentioning any daily life cost. I only ask for a temporary child support cut in January 2013.

The fundamental reason is that my child support plus daycare fee is more than 50% of my after tax income. That is why I asked another thread about whether it is possible to cut day care cost($500.00/month, my share) since I already pay $1160.00/month child support.
    I do not think that the judge is going to give you a two week break from child support.

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    I do not think that the judge is going to give you a two week break from child support.

Agreed.

(Ten character thingy)

I am not asking for a child support break. I ask for a 50% cut because of 50% income loss in two of my pay stabs in Jan. 2013.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast