Question Can obligation from an accident affect your credit and the abillity to get a job

I was in a no fault car accident in Oct. 2005. I did not have gap insurance so they only paid for what the car was worth leaving me with a balance. The car is totaled (ofcourse) because i am no longer working full-time, and enrolled in school fulltime, I made payment arrangements with company for what i can afford. Apparently they thought i was lying and attempt to do income verification etc.. So they have aggreed to accept the arrangements. Since then they have ask to settle for an offer which i had to refuse because i did not have the funds. So i continue to send the monthly agreed upon payments. they send me reminders about the payment etc. Recently they sent me a letter stating that they are canceling the payment agreements and that i have 7-10 days to pay the entire balance. They also said that if i don't they are going to take legal recourse, and this will be placed on my credit and affect my chances of getting a job. Is any this legal or even possible

Default Re: Can obligation from an accident affect your credit and the abillity to get a job

from what you describe, they can place a tradeline on your credit report, which can affect job hunting if your prospective employer runs a credit check on you.

1. Sponsored Links