Default How to Fight Speeding in a School Zone, 17 MPH Over the Limit, VC 22350

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: California

I was cited for violating 22350VC. The officer claimed that I was speeding at 43 mph on a road with 25 mph school zone posted limit(normally 40mph). I was coming from Shady Lane, Turlock, California, United States) when I passed the school(3951 North Walnut Road Turlock, CA 95382) and made a right turn onto Monte Vista Avenue when a police motorcycle pulled me over(1636 West Monte Vista Avenue, Turlock, California, United States). He told me he had used a radar to measure my speed, which he alleged was 43mph. He asked me "Is there a reason for going 43 mph in a 25 mph school zone?" Although I wasn't looking at my speedometer, I estimated that my speed was somewhere between 35-40mph and not the alleged claim. But I didn't argue with the cop, thinking that it was pointless as he was claiming he had used a radar so I said "I did not even realize".

Conditions at the time of my stop: it was clear(morning @ 7:00am, by the time he finished writing the citation, it was 7:09am), visibility was clear, traffic was light (in fact, I think I was the only one on my lane at the time), and there were no pedestrians on either side of road that I saw during my stop. I went to the school and found a sign on the school premises that clearly states the school hours are from 7:50AM - 2:25 PM. The catch is that the school site it says the first bell rings at 7:00 AM.

I took a picture of the sign, and submitted a written trial by declaration. I received the notice in the mail and it claims that I am guilty. I do not know how to upload the picture of the sign onto this forum.

What do I need to do to win this case? I feel really frustrated because I feel like I've been wronged. The time of citation is 41 minutes before "school hours" according to this sign and there were no children present.

Default Re: How to Fight Speeding in a School Zone, 17 MPH Over the Limit, VC 22350

I know you didn't like the answers but we already got long past ^^^this point^^^ in your other thread. And I don't see any new information whatsoever. So to make it easier for whomever decides may want to help you further, you should keep all your posts in the same thread. (No, its not closed).

How to Fight Speeding in a School Zone, 17 MPH Over the Limit, VC 22350

1. Sponsored Links