Default Can You Expunge a Marijuana Possession Conviction

My question involves criminal records for the state of: Virginia

I am 21 years old, about to graduate with my Bachelors in Criminal Justice from a 4 year University in Virginia. During my Sophomore and Junior year I received two possession of marijuana charges. The first one was getting ready to be expunged after I completed VASAP until I received another one, so I pleaded guilty to both and now have TWO Class U Possession of Marijuana charges on my record.

My question is: How can I go about getting these charges sealed or expunged from my record?

I no longer live or work in Virginia. I am currently trying to find normal level jobs in the Maryland area as I finish my degree, (such as Walmart or Gas Station Cashiers) and I am getting denied employment because of these misdemeanors.

Also, will these charges hurt me when I apply to begin my masters and for financial aid?

P.S.- Today is November/2012, I received the 1st charge in Feb/2011, and the 2nd in June/2012 so they are really only a little over a year old.

Default Re: Can You Expunge a Marijuana Possession Conviction

See Virginia Statutes, Sec. 19.2-392.2 - I'm not seeing a way to expunge a conviction unless you first obtain an absolute pardon based on your having being convicted of a crime you did not commit.

Default Re: Can You Expunge a Marijuana Possession Conviction in North Carolina?

I have a possession of less than half oz. of marijania in one county and a shoplifting charge in another. Both at a little over 6 yrs. old. I paid all fines and completed all unsupervised probation. I checked at my local courthouse and was told they can not help me in any way. I would like to know where to look for the statutes or forms to handle this myself. I can't afford a lawyer.
    I recectly completed state registration for CNA1 and these charges are keeping me for gainful employment. Any information you can give me, would be greatly appriciated. Thank you and God bless.

Default Re: Can You Expunge a Marijuana Possession Conviction in North Carolina?

Since you got convicted a 2nd time it screwed up the diversion program, Virginia is very strict in general once your convicted of a misdeamaor idk if expungment is possible. Especially with 2 convicted,I'm sorry to say your stuck with them . Even if you got a lot of money for a lawyer I doubt that would help.

Just work thru it,at least it's only 2 misdemeanor conviction,the more time past since the last conviction that better it looks. A lot people would feel i'm wrong but for lower level jobs it can be worth a shot to lie and say you no criminal records. I had friends work at 8-10 hr jobs,they put no and was hired. A place like walmart is gonna be strict with a drug charge,if it was a different misdemanor I think they might of gave you a chance.

1. Sponsored Links