Default Obtaining a Marriage License with an Open Bench Warrant

I have an open bench warrant in wisconsin. can i obtain a marriage liscense without getting picked up on my wedding day. Any help is great thank you!

Default Re: please help

Quote Quoting cryininside
    View Post
    I have an open bench warrant in wisconsin. can i obtain a marriage liscense without getting picked up on my wedding day. Any help is great thank you!
    You can get "pinched" on any date, any time, any place. All you're doing is playing the odds. You can even get your own pair of matching bracelets on your wedding day, right there on the Alter!

And, wouldn't that be neat? What a great story you'd have to tell 5 years from now, right after you get out of prison!

Heeeere's your sign . . . . .

I am already aware that I can get "pinched" any day, any time, any place. I am consulting an attorney about my owi's. I need insurance to go through the recommened counsiling before my inital appearance, geting married would give me insurance to help put all of this behind. If I apply for my marriage license in a different county than my charges what are my odds? Thanks again

[QUOTE=cryininside;57697]

I am already aware that I can get "pinched" any day, any time, any place.

Apparently, you are not "aware" because you keep asking about a "different county" and it doesn't matter if it's a different county! You're subject to arrest at any time, any date, or any place.

I am consulting an attorney about my owi's.

Good, because that attorney will tell you the same thing that I've been telling you.

I need insurance to go through the recommened counsiling before my inital appearance, geting married would give me insurance to help put all of this behind.

I have no idea what you mean about "insurance." Marriage doesn't keep you from arrest, or putting anything behind you. You can go to jail, married or not.

If I apply for my marriage license in a different county than my charges what are my odds?

Your odds? Spin the Roulette Wheel. If you're stopped on the road, or your name is run through the NCIS System, you might have cops waiting for you on your way out of the church.

It is unlikely that anybody would track you down by virtue of your application for a marriage license, which won't include either the date or location of your marriage.

Quote Quoting aaron
    View Post
    It is unlikely that anybody would track you down by virtue of your application for a marriage license, which won't include either the date or location of your marriage.
    "On your way out of the church" was a bit of literary license. But, once that Clerk types the names into the computer, guess what happens?

Do you have any reason to believe that the Wisconsin court clerk's computer will automatically flag a marriage license applicant who has an outstanding warrant? It's certainly possible, but I've never heard of a state implementing such a system.

1. Sponsored Links