Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Vested Interests

My question involves civil rights in the State of: Tennessee, My reproductive rights are being challenged. The challenger is "Joe Blow" (the general public). Joe has no vested interest in the matter, he has personal interests. He cannot weigh in the legal matter as anyone other than "Joe Blow"(the general public). I am a pro-self woman, afforded reproductive choices by the Supreme Court. Joe Blow is getting ballsy in that he feels his authority carries more weight in the court, than mine the pro-self woman, with vested interests. Joe has taken upon himself to make restrictions to that choice because of his position in the state. How does a special interest group have authority over my reproductive rights.

Default Re: Vested Interests

homework?

I have no problem allowing any person to control what happens to their own body, including the unborn child.

I have a problem with a woman arguing that a person has a right to control what happens to their own body and then ignores that very statement and claim a right to express total control over the body of the unborn child. It seems a bit hypocritical to me.

I think Joe Blow is of similar mind. I don't think Joe Blow cares what happens to you and your reproductive rights but I do believe he cares what happens to the child you would be carrying. You figure out how to control your own body and not affect the child you carry, then you will have solved all the issues.

Does that opinion give you more vested interest?

Quote Quoting AnonymousIV
    View Post
    Does that opinion give you more vested interest?
    I would only have a vested interest if the child of concern was mine.

vested interest:

a special reason for wanting things to happen in a particular way, because you will benefit from this

In law, vesting is to give an immediately secured right of present or future enjoyment. One has a vested right to an asset that cannot be taken away by any third party, even though one may not yet possess the asset. When the right, interest, or title to the present or future possession of a legal estate can be transferred to any other party, it is termed a vested interest. The concept can arise in any number of contexts, but the most common are inheritance law and retirement plan law. In real estate, to vest is to create an entitlement to a privilege or a right. For example, one may cross someone else’s property regularly and unrestrictedly for several years, and one’s right to an easement becomes vested. The original owner still retains the possession, but can no longer prevent the other party from crossing.

View Post
    In law, vesting is to give an immediately secured right of present or future enjoyment. .

Suggesting it would require me to "enjoy" her is a bit forward, don't ya think?

I think you need to get a vested interest to restrict my afforded rights from the Supreme Court. don't ya think?

why? I believe all should have access to the SCOTUS.

He sure does, and right to his opinion, but in this matter you have no vested interest and can only weigh in as a person with opinion.

View Post
    He sure does, and right to his opinion, but in this matter you have no vested interest and can only weigh in as a person with opinion.
    actually, in a larger sense, I actually do have a vested interest.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast