Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What Do You Think Romney Could Have Done to Win

One thing he should have done is gone to the east coast and quickly put a volunteer disaster plan together with a little of his million dollars. Those people would have been enthusiastic with that. It would have shown America he had a heart.

What do you think he should have done to win?

Default Re: What Do You Think Romney Could Have Done to Win

I'm from Massachusetts so I'm hardly unbiased. There's a reason Obama took the two states (Michigan and Massachusetts) that know Mitt best...

But just for starters:

1.) When he was running for governor of MA, he was liberal. When he wanted the Tea Party's endorsement, he was conservative. When he wanted the undecided voters, he was moderate. Pick one. I don't want a president (OR a governor - I didn't vote for him then either) who can't make up his mind what he believes. I also don't want someone in high office who thinks I don't remember that he changes his position more often than most people change their socks, and who then procedes to lie about it.

2.) Time to wake up and smell the coffee, Mitt. Women vote. Hispanics vote. Other minorities vote. Young people vote. The days when only white men voted are long since gone, so it would behoove you and Paul Ryan and a few others of that ilk to remember that. You're not going to win any elections by pissing off huge segments of the voting population.

There's more, but I'm supposed to be working now.

Short of investing of a time machine to take him back however many decades and start over knowing what he does now, I dunno. This sort of query isn't terribly productive. The dude didn't and, short of chicanery, couldn't have won. The media in general had to hype things up because, well, that's how they make their dough. There are certainly many low-information voters out there on both sides (and plenty who get the hives at the thought of a half-black man having that job -- we know who they are), but luckily the whackadoo, effwit or halfwit contingent is (I guess) 30% and they tend to cancel each other out.

Implied everyone would get something free from Uncle Sugar, like his opponent.

I dunno. He earned my vote.

Quote Quoting Guilty Or Not Guilty
    View Post
    What do you think he should have done to win?

(This is completely tongue-in-cheek)

I dunno - hired Uncle Vito to make sure Obama didn't run?

Hispanics are making it clear why Romney did not get their vote. What Obama did not accomplish in term one, he is expected to complete by the end of term two.
    http://immigration.about.com/od/immi...ion-Record.htm
    http://news.yahoo.com/immigration-ex...-politics.html

The biggest policy question will be how to legalize 11 million undocumented people in a way that won’t be seen as unfair to those who are waiting to become citizens legally.

He could have fired whoever is running his campaign and start on an authentic slate... with a heart and a voice that's at one with the people. Maybe, he could have borrowed a page or two from Abraham Lincoln.

It would not have had any affect on the lemmings. Jus' sayin'.

The Republicans will never win with a left-leaning candidate trying to pass himself off as a conservative. Three million evangelical Christian voters did not go to the polls this time. That would have been a winning margin. Romney could not win because he is not someone who can get enough support from conservatives, who recognized that he isn't one of them. Not everyone is willing to hold their nose to vote for the lesser of evils.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast