Default Cindy Close Custody Case

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: TX

has anyone heard of the Cindy Close custody case where she got pregnant by her friend who is gay. She gave birth to twins and the friend took the babies and said she was just a surrogate. Even though there was no contracts and she never had a successful pregnancy before hand, and her friend nd his boyfriend are not married so the surrogacy isn't possible in texas. 'm wondering everyone's thoughts on this case. They go to court today, do you think she'll get her babies back?

Default Re: Cindy Close Custody Case

You need to read more. She has no genetic relationship to the childred. The children were born using donated eggs (not by Close) and one of the male couple's sperm.

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    You need to read more. She has no genetic relationship to the childred. The children were born using donated eggs (not by Close) and one of the male couple's sperm.
    Quite a few children are born using donated eggs. Cindy Close did not enter into the pregnancy as an agreement to be surrogate.

Quote Quoting gabba12
    View Post
    My question involves a child custody case from the State of: TX

has anyone heard of the Cindy Close custody case where she got pregnant by her friend who is gay. She gave birth to twins and the friend took the babies and said she was just a surrogate. Even though there was no contracts and she never had a successful pregnancy before hand, and her friend nd his boyfriend are not married so the surrogacy isn't possible in texas. 'm wondering everyone's thoughts on this case. They go to court today, do you think she'll get her babies back?

It's nowhere NEAR as cut and dried as OP is making it sound.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...surrogate.html

(One of the better articles)

you're correct. i did leave out some important information. that was my fault.

i'd really like to know the true conversation cindy & the friend had when entering in this agreement, but of course we will never really know...

i just find this story crazy! but thanks again for correcting me.

I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to come across as mean or anything!

I'd like to see how this all turns out. I'm a little concerned that the children are staying with NEITHER parent, but rather with Dad's partner (even though Dad doesn't live there).

Otherwise, if Dad was living there, it should be easier for him to remain primary parent than for Mom to overcome Dad's status quo.

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    Quite a few children are born using donated eggs. Cindy Close did not enter into the pregnancy as an agreement to be surrogate.

Would a woman intending on co-parenting with the father write something like this?

Ultimately, on July 3, Close signed an affidavit in which she stated "I am not genetically related to the children" and "I participated in the procedure voluntarily and did not receive compensation for my services other than reimbursement for medical costs of the assisted reproductive procedures." She also declared McMurrey to be the biological father.

Close made this statement:

'The social worker came to me and said we had a surrogate situation,' she said. '[The worker] claimed I was a surrogate for him and his domestic partner that I didn't even know he had.'

That was after the children were born.

Yet she also made this statement:

After a few false starts, Close says, she finally conceived earlier this year. Shortly thereafter, according to Close, McMurrey asked Close how she'd feel about moving to Oregon, along with his friend, Phong Nguyen. Close says McMurrey also insisted on getting their agreement in writing, something Close says she never thought about, since she trusted McMurrey.

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to come across as mean or anything!

I'd like to see how this all turns out. I'm a little concerned that the children are staying with NEITHER parent, but rather with Dad's partner (even though Dad doesn't live there).

Otherwise, if Dad was living there, it should be easier for him to remain primary parent than for Mom to overcome Dad's status quo.
    I find this case to be profoundly disturbing, and have since I first read about it. There have been many cases out there where someone agreed to be a surrogate and then had a hard time accepting that after the baby (babies) were born. There have also been many cases where childless couples arranged for either an egg donor or a sperm surrogate so that they could have a child.

However, this appears to be a case where a woman was actually conned into carrying children, believing that she would be their mother upon birth, only to have some guy claim sole parentage due to DNA...and the children are not even living with him, they are living with his boyfriend with whom he does not live.

I don't understand how dad even got to take these children home from the hospital with him, let alone being able to place them with this boyfriend. Again, this case would make more sense and be less disturbing if it was a case of a surrogacy that fell apart, but there is no indication at all that it was.

Well, that does appear to indicate that she was more than aware of what she was doing...

1. Sponsored Links