Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Vested Interests

Please tell me about that.

the actions of the citizens of a society are a physical extension of the mores of that society. Giving a person a right to take another's life merely for the sake of convenience shows that that society does not hold the life of a person in a high enough regard. If society does not hold the life of a human, any human, in the highest regard, it results in accepting that killing a person can be acceptable. So, do you want to live in a society that says it's ok to kill somebody merely due to them being inconvenient or would you rather live in a society where that society holds all life as important and valuable.

If the first, I sure hope you never become a homeless person, or really, anybody that others see as being less than themselves. Somebody somewhere will eventually come to the conclusion allowing you to live is a drain on society and feel justified in terminating your existence, just like a mother aborts her inconvenient child.

it's societies attitude towards life, in general, that is involved. That is the larger sense in which I believe I do have a vested interest.

Again sir, calling my Reproductive Rights murder is an opinion. In the sociological position you might take into consideration: Vested interest is a communication theory that seeks to explain how influences impact behaviors. As defined by William Crano, vested interest refers to the amount that an attitude object is deemed hedonically relevant by the attitude holder (Crano, 1995). In Crano's idea of vested interest, if the attitude object is subjectively important and the perceived personal consequences are significant, there will be a greater chance the individual's attitude will be expressed behaviorally. For example, a 30 year old individual is told that the legal driving age is being raised from 16 to 17 in his state. While he may not agree with this law, he is not impacted like a 15 year old prospective vehicle operator and is unlikely to be involved in protesting the change. This example illustrates the point that highly vested attitudes concerning issues are related to an individual’s situational point of view.

AnonymousIV;666844]Again sir, calling my Reproductive Rights murder is an opinion.
    Your reproductive rights have nothing to do with an unborn child. You are free to get pregnant anytime you choose. You are free to avoid getting pregnant. Those are your reproductive rights. You are speaking of killing the child within you. That is not part of your reproductive rights. That is concerning the rights of the unborn child within.

In the sociological position you might take into consideration: Vested interest is a communication theory that seeks to explain how influences impact behaviors. As defined by William Crano, vested interest refers to the amount that an attitude object is deemed hedonically relevant by the attitude holder (Crano, 1995). In Crano's idea of vested interest, if the attitude object is subjectively important and the perceived personal consequences are significant, there will be a greater chance the individual's attitude will be expressed behaviorally. For example, a 30 year old individual is told that the legal driving age is being raised from 16 to 17 in his state. While he may not agree with this law, he is not impacted like a 15 year old prospective vehicle operator and is unlikely to be involved in protesting the change. This example illustrates the point that highly vested attitudes concerning issues are related to an individual’s situational point of view.
    Until you realize your reproductive rights are not being affected by not allowing you to kill the child within your uterus, there is no need to discuss this any further.

Heck, I'll even prove that as a woman carrying a child you are allowed to commit murder where others would be prosecuted.
    Illinois: The killing of an "unborn child" at any stage of pre-natal development is intentional homicide, voluntary manslaughter, or involuntary manslaughter or reckless homicide. Ill. Comp. Stat. ch. 720, §§5/9-1.2, 5/9-2.1, 5/9-3.2 (1993). Ill. Rev. Stat. ch. 720 § 5/12-3.1. A person commits battery of an unborn child if he intentionally or knowingly without legal justification and by any means causes bodily harm to an unborn child. Read with Ill. Rev. Stat. ch. 720 § 5/12-4.4.
    While another person causing the death of the unborn child is illegal murder, the mother doing exactly the same thing is not considered to be a criminal. If you want it to be fair, make the killing of an unborn child by another party not a crime.

Women that are pro-self terminate unwanted pregnancies not kill children.

- - - Updated - - -

Further, this thread is about vested interest, if you need to argue whether it is a murder, open a new thread.

AnonymousIV;666851]Women that are pro-self terminate pregnancies not kill children.
    according to Illinois law and I believe 26 other states, if I did it, it is murder. If the mother does it, somehow it isn't murder but yes, you do kill children when you abort a pregnancy. If it weren't true, then nobody should ever be charged with murder (or the other various crimes dealing with a person causing the death of another) yet they are.

Further, this thread is about vested interest, if you need to argue whether it is a murder, open a new thread.
    I am not arguing whether it is murder. I am stating, without hesitation, that it is murder.

But what about vested interest? I already told you I do have one in the larger sense. What else is there to say? If a woman doesn't want children, she should do the same thing they tell a man that has sex but doesn't want children; utilize prophylaxis. Once she is pregnant, she isn't dealing with her reproductive rights. She is demanding a right to control all the rights of another person. As I said before; hypocritical.

You are entitled to that OPINION, please show me where you have vested interest.

Quote Quoting AnonymousIV
    View Post
    You are entitled to that OPINION, please show me where you have vested interest.
    show you? Are you serious?

How about you show me you have a vested interest in the issue?

and to the OPINION:

mur·der(mūrdr)n.1. The unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice.
    2. Slang Something that is very uncomfortable, difficult, or hazardous: The rush hour traffic is murder.
    3. A flock of crows. See Synonyms at flock1.

v. mur·dered, mur·der·ing, mur·ders
    v.tr.1. To kill (another human) unlawfully.
    2. To kill brutally or inhumanly.
    3. To put an end to; destroy
    4. To spoil by ineptness; mutilate: a speech that murdered the English language.
    5. Slang To defeat decisively; trounce.

v.intr.
    it isn't opinion. It is fact.

and as to the issue of the crime of murder; if it is murder for me to do it, it is murder for you to do it. The 14th amendment requires it:

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws
    equal protection. That means if it's good for the gander, it's good for the goose.

Because you say you have vested interests, doesn't mean that you actually do. You need to separate your "authority" from your opinion.

Here's my proof.

and the same to you.

the results of a partial birth abortion. A procedure that was legal until Nov 2003:

here is a description of the process:

somehow I'm just not seeing that as having anything to do with a womans reproductive rights but only the life of a child. Take note of the time frame where this procedure was used:

often to 6 months, and later.

When it was used, it could and was used until the child was actually delivered.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast