Default Temporary Custody Established in Order of Protection

My question involves restraining orders in the State of: Illinois

I am the Respondent in now as of Nov 2nd Plenary Order of Protection. I went to my circuit clerks office to file an appeal today and they gave me a self help website they use for forms such as this.

While going through the forms I noticed custody and visitation were now established by this OP even though our child was not part of this OP!

The forms in the OP say Petitioner is granted the physical care and possession of the minor child of the parties, and then no other boxes are checked.

Petitioner is granted temporary custody of the minor child of the parties. the once again no other boxes checked.

Visitation of the minor child is checked and granted is checked with Thursday 5pm to 7 pm every week and alternating Saturday 10am to Sunday 5 pm then no holidays or school events or anything else checked. I got the papers for modification of visitation and Petition to establish custody and they say Judge will not change until 2 years have passed!

Can anyone explain? am I too have no other visitation with my child and no holidays for 2 years and our son was not involved in this Order

Default Re: Temporary Custody Established in Order of Protection

Presumably, with it being necessary for the court to address who would have custody of the children during a time when you're barred from contacting the mother, the judge felt that a temporary custody order in favor of mom was warranted.

I have no access to the order or court record, so I'm not in a position to do more than make an educated guess.

1. Sponsored Links