Post How to Draft a Contract

I along with a college are looking to work as freelance web-developers for a project and we have drafted a contract which needs to be signed between both parties. The thing is none of us have prior knowledge about drafting a contract so we would highly appreciate if anyone of you who have some free time could go through our contract and suggest any edits that we need to make and to assure that there isn't any loopholes that the employer can screw us.

The contract is located on Google Drive Link

Thank you in advance!

Default Re: Drafting a Contract (Edits)

That's not what these forums are for. It takes a lot of time to review and revise a contract, and the volunteer experts here just don't have the time or the resources for that. (I draft contracts for a living, would I do it for free? No. This is like asking a doctor to perform minor surgery for free - won't happen, and most people know enough not to ask.)

I recommend you take your contract to an attorney. If money is an issue, ask your local law school if you can get some free/reduced price legal assistance from a student lawyer.

Default Re: How to Draft a Contract

When transacting business in a professional capacity, it is worth paying a lawyer to review your initial contract wording to make sure your interests are fully protected. You can then use this contract as a template for future projects.

Tried to access your link, could not readily see the document. I was just curious to see whether your contract contained the four essential elements required for a contract. Not going to waste a great deal of time trying to get access to it.

You need to pay for expertise others have that you need but that you don't have, just as you expect your clients to pay for the expertise you have that they need.

Quote Quoting eerelations
    View Post
    That's not what these forums are for. It takes a lot of time to review and revise a contract, and the volunteer experts here just don't have the time or the resources for that. (I draft contracts for a living, would I do it for free? No. This is like asking a doctor to perform minor surgery for free - won't happen, and most people know enough not to ask.)

I recommend you take your contract to an attorney. If money is an issue, ask your local law school if you can get some free/reduced price legal assistance from a student lawyer.
    Quote Quoting Bubba Jimmy
    View Post
    Tried to access your link, could not readily see the document. I was just curious to see whether your contract contained the four essential elements required for a contract. Not going to waste a great deal of time trying to get access to it.

You need to pay for expertise other have that you need but that you don't have, just as you expect your clients to pay for the expertise you have that they need.
    Thanks for the input. The link should be working now. If anyone can look into it please do so and let me know. I will try to get it to a lawyer or a law school student.

No, it is not a valid contract. There has to be an offer, acceptance of an offer, and consideration. This is nothing more than a statment of scope for a project. Yes, seek help from a lawyer. Students can talk to you, but they cannot practice law.

Quote Quoting Bubba Jimmy
    View Post
    No, it is not a valid contract. There has to be an offer, acceptance of an offer, and consideration. This is nothing more than a statment of scope for a project. Yes, seek help from a lawyer. Students can talk to you, but they cannot practice law.
    Great Thanks for your help!

1. Sponsored Links