Default Talking to a Minor Online in a Game and an Ex Wife Uses It Against You in Court

My question involves criminal law for the state of:Washington

So my fiance had (4 1/2 years ago) been online in a game and was talking sexual to minors. His ex wife had a software where she could keep an eye on him and what he was doing and says she has copies of some conversations between him and some minors or a minor (not clarified). Due to not liking me she wants to minimize there visitation and has been threating my fiance for years to use this. He signed to divorce and child support papers just how she wanted because she said she would get rid of them but now is throwing it in his face she is going to turn him in. How much trouble can he get in and can she also for black mail?

Default Re: Talking to a Minor Online in a Game and an Ex Wife Uses It Against You in Court

So we should infer that he was knowingly and repeatedly sexually propositioning minors during his marriage?

After 4-1/2 years I doubt that the legal authorities will have much interest in investigating - although that may depend upon the full facts and whether anything more than online chatting occurred.

Might it be relevant to a custody case? Not really something we can say without more facts; normally, though, if a custody order is issued the court won't be interested in hearing a parent attempt to raise facts known to her prior to that decision but which she chose not to raise in the prior proceedings - after all, if she thought they were relevant to custody, why wouldn't she have raised them then?

Default Re: Talking to a Minor Online in a Game and an Ex Wife Uses It Against You in Court

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    So we should infer that he was knowingly and repeatedly sexually propositioning minors during his marriage?

After 4-1/2 years I doubt that the legal authorities will have much interest in investigating - although that may depend upon the full facts and whether anything more than online chatting occurred.

Might it be relevant to a custody case? Not really something we can say without more facts; normally, though, if a custody order is issued the court won't be interested in hearing a parent attempt to raise facts known to her prior to that decision but which she chose not to raise in the prior proceedings - after all, if she thought they were relevant to custody, why wouldn't she have raised them then?
    In a sense..... he actually didn't know their age.....their was 2 girls and it was through a game in which their identities were known. she says she has proof they were underage. Not making it better but she was also physically being a an adulterer, so the cheating should not even be an issue right? Yes it is a custody issue. she is trying to keep there son from his father as much as possible and is threatening to turn him in. my fiance and i have talked about this and a lawyer is what we are seeking. He is going to tell the lawyer all of this. we are just not sure if it can be considered black mail. Even in my presence she has made threats about using this and trying to split us up with it. Granted yes it was wrong regardless for him to have done this but it was so long ago and on a game of all things so i am wondering how you Prosicute someone if the girls parents are not involved.

1. Sponsored Links