Default Beneficiary Died Before All Backpay Was Received, How Can It Still Be Collected

My sister was finally approved for disability after many years, and was ordered to receive her backpay in installments. she died after receiving the first payment. How can my parents, who supported her, go about collecting the remaining back pay? This occured in Florida

Default Re: Beneficiary Died Before All Backpay Was Received, How Can It Still Be Collected

Quote Quoting minnear1
    View Post
    My sister was finally approved for disability after many years, and was ordered to receive her backpay in installments. she died after receiving the first payment. How can my parents, who supported her, go about collecting the remaining back pay? This occured in Florida
    I am not sure that they can. They would need to go to the local Social Security Administration office and talk to someone there.

Default Re: Beneficiary Died Before All Backpay Was Received, How Can It Still Be Collected

This is important - was it SSI or SSDI?

1. Sponsored Links