Default Probation Violation in Washington State

Hi everyone, first post on here, lots of good information.

Last year I was given a stay of proceedings for a possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia charge. I was ordered to receive drug counciling, complete 3 days work crew, pay fines, and attend an Alcohol and Drug Information Session within 60 days of entering into the program. My question is I have abided by all of the terms of the probation, except the ADIS class within 60 days. I am currently enrolled to attend one on October 21. I got a notice in the mail the other day for a court appearance on October 20.

I am assuming that this is for a probation violation, and my question is do you think something like that will cause the criminal charges to go on my record? Is there a possibility that I may get an extension sense I am scheduled to appear in that class on the 21st? I really hope that a stupid mistake by me does not cause my future to be really effed up.

Thanks for the advice!

Default Re: Probation Violation in Washington State

Do you meet with a probation officer as part of your probation? Is an officer assigned to you?

There is an officer assigned to me but she is there to moniter the stay of proceedings. I do not need to meet with her or anything of the sort, so it is by and large unsupervised probation.

I would consider contacting her, apologizing for the mistake, explaining the situation, and seeing what her position is. Sometimes an expression of sincere apology can go a long way in minimizing the consequence of a probation violation. If you had a lawyer for the underlying charge, you may wish to get your lawyer's help.

Default Re: Probation Violation Penalty in Washington State

Is it common to get a court summons without even talking to your probation officer? I really don't know for sure if this is about a probation violation but thats what I can assume. Being enrolled for the class has to go somewhere in helping my case right?

anyone else?

If its non-reporting probation, it's not particularly unusual.

1. Sponsored Links