Default Do You Need an Elder Law Attorney to Set Up a Trust

My question involves a person located in the state of: Michigan

I'm looking for an Attorney to prepare a trust for Mom. I started looking for one (maybe found one) then someone talked about getting one that deals with Elder Law. Now I'm back where I stared, would an Elder Law Attorney be a smart move?

There are very few in my area maybe 5 at the most. The Elder Law Attorney at the top of my list is a radio personality with 30 years of total experience. Would you guys automatically rule him out because of this? Everyone seems to say stay away from the TV ad Attorneys what about the Radio ones.

This is a very important document and would like to find the right Attorney.

Default Re: Do I Need an Elder Law Attorney for Trust for Mom

You can use the lawyer link here or attempt to find one locally. I suggest you investigate free consultations before selecting.

Default Re: Do You Need an Elder Law Attorney to Set Up a Trust

Would I rule out a lawyer either because he has a radio show or because he's experienced? No.

Most elder lawyers handle estate planning; help your mom consult a few and see if she likes any of them.

Thanks, She is in good health but what I'm worried about is, will a typical Estate Planning Attorney have the skill to ease the financial burden that Medicaid or nursing home care can put on the estate? Will I be better of going with an Elder Law Attorney for that?

You probable can't answer that but I guess that is what I'm struggling to answer for my self. It would be nice if the right Attorney would just pop out at you.

Quote Quoting rodm1
    View Post
    My question involves a person located in the state of: Michigan

I'm looking for an Attorney to prepare a trust for Mom. I started looking for one (maybe found one) then someone talked about getting one that deals with Elder Law. Now I'm back where I stared, would an Elder Law Attorney be a smart move?

There are very few in my area maybe 5 at the most. The Elder Law Attorney at the top of my list is a radio personality with 30 years of total experience. Would you guys automatically rule him out because of this? Everyone seems to say stay away from the TV ad Attorneys what about the Radio ones.

This is a very important document and would like to find the right Attorney.
    TV ad is totally different from doing a radio show.

typically i would count it in their favor that they publicly discuss legalities, because if they had their heads up their rear they would get called on it quickly (unless they are frequently called out for having their heads up their rear)

1. Sponsored Links