Default Private Disability Review After SSDI Approval

I have been disabled since 2009 applied for SSDI and was approved first try in less than 60 days. I am now up for review under my employer's private disability policy, the 36 month "any occupation" review. I was deemed disabled from doing "my own" occupation, but this one scares me. I have read this is much harder to prove but I don't know why, if I cant do my own job what makes them think I can do something else????

I was wondering if anyone had any feedback with the 36 month review or could give me some ray of hope. Lost much sleep and cannot afford an attorney, had to already hire one paid him $6,000 and he did nothing and I mean nothing, honestly. Money is a huge issue after losing work and having my income slashed in half. I think you understand.

If they take this away from me I lose Health Insurance, Life Insurance Polices and my monthly income. I don't know where I could go and find work even part time and sustain a position. Plus that would greatly impact my SSDI. Are there any legal ramifications that the private disability company must follow if a person is already on SSDI?

Default Re: Private Disability Review After SSDI Approval

Quote Quoting rudy
    View Post
    I am now up for review under my employer's private disability policy, the 36 month "any occupation" review. I was deemed disabled from doing "my own" occupation, but this one scares me. I have read this is much harder to prove but I don't know why, if I cant do my own job what makes them think I can do something else?
    If you want to know what they're thinking, you will need to ask them. You have shared no details about your past profession, but there are a lot of people who can no longer work in one profession but who are able to work in many others.
    Quote Quoting rudy
    I was wondering if anyone had any feedback with the 36 month review or could give me some ray of hope.
    Without the facts, and without access to a copy of your disability policy, there's not much we can say.
    Quote Quoting rudy
    Are there any legal ramifications that the private disability company must follow if a person is already on SSDI?
    The Social Security Administration qualifies you for SSD based upon its rules. Your private disability insurance company qualifies you based upon the terms of your contract. It is possible to qualify for one and not the other.

If the SSA agrees that you have been disabled since 2009, and you have since been approved for SSDI, as your disability has extended beyond two years you should qualify for Medicare. You will also continue to receive SSDI payments, which presumably are presently being taken by your LTD company, once your LTD ends.

Default Re: Private Disability Review After SSDI Approval

?????? they received a lump sum payment already when my ssdi was approved?

"You will also continue to receive SSDI payments, which presumably are presently being taken by your LTD company, once your LTD ends. "

- - - Updated - - -

Furthermore...."If you want to know what they're thinking, you will need to ask them."Do you really think if I ask them if I am going to lose my disability they are going to be honest with me thats why I am reaching out to others. They are out to do anything they can to deny a claim, at ANY cost even a persons health.

I have never been on a disability before so was looking for feedback from anyone that may have gone thru this and successfully made it thru the "any occupation" process, whatever their occupation, perhaps I phrased my original post incorrectly.

I was just asking if anyone knew if this is common to lose it after being on it for almost 3 years for them to take it away. My prognosis has not changed and I have actually declined, they know all this. Contract language, prognosis or previous occupation matters none, I was just looking for others experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, my doctor has written the insurance company two letters indicating I have been declared totally and permanently disabled unable to work in any capacity. On complete disability for life and unable to maintain gainful employment on any level. I discussed this with the disability company, and they said this did not matter at all he has to prove it???? Did a FCE said I could do sedentary work BUT ALSO STATED due to numerous other medical conditions they said gainful employment would me unlikely and it was reported the day after the exam, there were issues as a result of the test, which I understand also plays a role in the result.

How can they dismiss what my doctor has written? Its just been very stressful.

1. Sponsored Links