Default Needle Left Inside of Patient After Surgery

Hi guys,

I am having a difficult time to seek for solictiors in the uk as many of them have declined to take my case on legal aid. I'm still trying to sue the hospital for taking responsibility for causing my father's death. They have left the missing needle inside his body during his heart surgery bypass four years ago. They didn't transfer him to intensive-care unit for 24 - 48 hours after the surgery. He was transferred to the high dependency unit too quick. He had trouble with his breathing where he had a job to breath. The nurses didn't take care of him, they left him on his own and when he asked for help, they walked away and they left him on his own. Three days after the surgery, he went downhill and they transferred him to intensive-care unit to put him on ventilator. We didn't get told.

Two days later he were critical and he nearly passed away. He kept getting better and he went critical where it happened three times. His face went very grey and he was nearly drying. He had leaky blood vessels and they should have transferred him to theatre, but they didn't. He had blood poisioning and his kidney failed. They thought he had an infection which he didn't and they had to put him into a room on his own seperate from the other paitents. The room where they had put him on his own, it was very dirty and filthy. He contracted MRSA and he went critical again. They had to put him on a ventilator and they left it too long. He had fluids building up in his both lungs. They had to put him on a tracteomy to help him to breath, but they did a terrible job to drained the fluids in his throat where he had got another infection. They should have put a tube in his lung to drain the fluids correctly.

The doctor and the nurse were very rude. They were talking and flirting with each other without taking care of my father. One nurse was working on my father and he was coughing and sneezing all over him. He should not be allowed to work with critical patients. We were waiting outside in the waiting room for far too long and we were not allowed to be in the room with him. He went gravelly ill, he had sepsis and pneumonia. There were red and purple spots on his both arms, we knew that it was sepsis.

They had given up working on him. They switched off his life support without our permission and they let him die in peace on his own without letting us be in the room with him. When they called us and then they took us to the room, he was already dead.

We made a formal complaint to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman, but they would not help us due to the hospital lying to them about everything because they wasn't being honest and the ombudsman believed them everything they said. We have tried to find solicitors nearly everywhere to take legal action, but none of them would take on my case. The time limiation in the uk is 3 years.

Does anyone know what I could do about it to find a different way to get them to sue?

Any advice would be much appreicated.

Thanks in advance

Default Re: Missing Needle - How to Sue the Hospital Over 3 Years

This is a U.S. site and, oh boy, our tort laws are different from yours. You need to find a U.K. legal resource or speak to a solicitor.

Default Re: Missing Needle - How to Sue the Hospital Over 3 Years

For help finding a solicitor, try here.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I play a researcher on the internet!
    Caution: I bite. WARNING: Do not send questions or complaints by PM. I'm likely to post them publicly and embarrass you half to death.
    I'm training for the MS Society's Bike to the Bay - and blogging about it!

1. Sponsored Links