Unhappy Cited for Speeding 70 in a 55mph Zone, Can Moving Be Change to Non-Moving and Point D

My question involves traffic court in the State of: California
    Hello sir or madam. I was cited for speeding 70mph on a 55mph up in the donner path mountain on i 80. This citation took place in California. I was driving a Class a commercial truck. There was a straight dump truck in front of me and we were going about the same speed. There were cars behind us and some soon passes. Right when the road started to head down on a slight down grade me and the truck in front of me was still holding on our same distance apart from each other. A minute went by on the down grade and the truck in front stepped on his brake. I decide to pass by on the left side with the same speed and so i did. Right when I slowly catch up to the truck in front's rear i saw a cop hidden on an on ramp corner. I and the truck in front of me passed him and he didn't give chase. After a few cars past he got in traffic and catch up to me then follow me for about a minute or two, then shown his lights and pulled me over. Since in front of a judge in court, words without evidence, the court will always fall in the officer's favor. What I would like to ask is if the officer can show proof of me going at 70 if not/ can then i would like the judge to lower it to 60mph in a 55mph. is this possible? Plus can i reason with the judge to change the moving violation to non-moving? Does a judge have such authority to change the violation? Another thing as i read online about the state of California law regarding commercial speeding, drivers can't choose traffic school. Can i reason with him to drop the point and change the moving violation? The reason is first if the ticket point doesnít drop then insurance cost will be too high and my current employer will terminate me from my job. Same with the moving violation, if i have three or more then i will also be terminated as well. I am 23 and invested most of my life in truck ever since graduation, so truck is what i know best. If these two things can't be changed then Iíll be out of work and in this economic i don't want to go back on government care when i had found my American Dream job. I had learned my lesson. I am willing to pay the ticket fine and leave the speeding ticket on my record just because it cannot be help. Is this a possible outcome? Please advise this over stress and confuse below average citizen of the USA.

So far I had contact the court clerk for information. I had talk with my truck company and they had little confident in me winning so they pressure me to request a proof of court day as soon as within 7days. Court date as proof that Iíll be fighting it for sure. I had tried thinking of numerous ways to dismiss the ticket but come to a fail. So i decide to go with reason as what i had stated in my prior post.

Default Re: Cited for Speeding 70 in a 55mph Zone, Can Moving Be Change to Non-Moving and Poi

Quote Quoting USAcitizen
    View Post
    If these two things can't be changed then I’ll be out of work
    Then you need to get an attorney to handle this on your behalf. Don't fool yourself into believing that the judge can change the charge... Or that he can lower it to no points... or that he is obligated to do you any favors because you have a class A license!

It will cost you some money for the attorney... But losing your job will likely cost you more!

1. Sponsored Links