Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Blackmailed into a Plea Bargain

free9man, thank you for not only stating some previously covered , obvious information but insulting my character and intelligence without providing a single piece of new constructive advice. You are the prime example of what has been referred to in other forums I frequent as a flaming troll. Its people like you that......I think Ill stop before lowering myself any closer to your level. Thanks alot.

You are the person stating "I was guilty of the text messages, as was she." I was simply pointing out that she has not committed a crime, whereas you did.

As for your misogynistic insults well, I calls em likes I sees em. I also correctly pointed out that you had no apparent problems with her being a pathological liar.

I went back and read, and my points have not been previously covered. Nor did I insult your intelligence. I did provide new constructive advice, get her off your property (CPO violation) and stop communicating with her (CPO violation). No where does anyone else tell you that. So it's new and constructive. I also advised you of your future if you continue to violate your CPO, which was new and constructive.

I am no where near troll level. I was giving you blunt feedback on your obvious intent to ruin your own life while being able to say you did right by someone who did you waaaayyyy wrong. You must hang out in Sunshine & Lollipops forums if my previous post made you scream "Troll!"

Quote Quoting Ridgetop
    View Post
    I did not lay a hand on her, it was completly made up out of spite not fear. There was not a bruise, scratch,or torn piece of clothing and this woman bruises when the wind blows on her the wrong way.
    If she had bruises, then you can certainly see why the police, the DA and even the court might believe that you had abused her. Had you gone to trial you could certainly have brought all of this up and compelled the state to prove that YOU caused those bruises.

There will always of course be the victim that is scared into retracting their statement but my guess is in the majority of those cases a victim who is that concerned about it wouldn't call the police in the first place.
    Very often it is not the victim who calls but a neighbor, family member, or friend. On occasion, the victim has a lucid moment and calls but quickly regrets it because they are suddenly concerned with retaliation, or - most often - finances.

"It is a peculiar thing that many victims will risk jail for filing a false police report or perjury so that they can protect their abuser, yet the abuser never shows the same courtesy and will risk jail in order to protect the victim from running the same risk. It is a one way street in a great many instances."

I do not understand?
    While it may not apply to you, it is common that a victim of abuse will lie and change their story in order to protect their abuser. The abuser, on the other hand, will not show the same courtesy and 'fess up in order to protect the abused party. The loyalty in an abusive relationship tends to be a one way street with the abuser expecting absolute loyalty and obedience, but showing none of it towards their victim.

Understood, but the charges the DA used to blackmail me into the plea bargain that I took was " A felony charge each text message" that he had proof of in the phone records that he subpoenaed . Regardless if the messages were ones like " Its almost Christmas and we are living in a Uhaul van and the police keep hassling us for loitering:-(...." or "you promised you would never turn your back on me no matter what" and " I don't want to go back to jail" So ultimately it was the difference between the Peaceful Contact order and the Stay Away that I was unknowingly guilty of. Very poor representation by my public defender, or at least two out of three of them.
    Unfortunately for you, you signed the order or verbally agreed to it after the court read it to you. If that order mandated you stay 100 yards away and/or make no contact, it was spelled out. If you failed to read it, that is your mistake - not the court's, your attorney's, or anyone else's.

Because she couldn't stand the thought of losing an argument? , Because she has a Vagina? , or maybe because she has been a pathological liar since anyone can remember?
    Simply ... wow ...

And if a "pathological liar" you still stayed with her? Somehow I suspect that you did not always feel this way about her.

NOT wise!......Agreed. I am also NOT a woman beater, NOT a vandal, NOT a criminal, I was NOT under the impression that peaceful contact was prohibited, and in all reality NOT guilty.
    Actually, you were guilty of the offense for which you pled guilty. You had a no contact CPO that you violated. You may have been under a mistaken belief, but it was a belief of your own creation.

From what I understand these statistics are something to the effect of a baseball players batting average or pitchers era. Something that he will be judged by and effect his reputation and possible future promotions.
    And if the DA had not filed, it wouldn't count for or against him. So, that argument or claim really holds very little water. Plus, filing a case for which there is no probable cause is a quick way to lose your job and get the office sued, so I doubt the ADA intentionally pursued a case they believed was a total lie.

I know that she called me begging for a place to stay, not the other way around. I know that she never even wanted the restraining order, he did.
    That's why they take this decision out of the alleged victim's hands. Even if you had beat the bejeezus out of her, it is likely she would have called for help - it's the psychology of abuse.

I am NOT a liar and I am not an idiot so I am going to plead the 5th on this one.
    In other words, you ARE continuing to violate the CPO ... which can lead to additional crimes - and more SERIOUS crimes. Brilliant.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Quote Quoting free9man
    View Post
    You are the person stating "I was guilty of the text messages, as was she." I was simply pointing out that she has not committed a crime, whereas you did.
    Is calling 911 and telling the responding officers a completely fabricated story full of false accusations not a crime? Just because she was not being prosecuted does not mean that she had not committed one.

As for your misogynistic insults well, I calls em likes I sees em. I also correctly pointed out that you had no apparent problems with her being a pathological liar.
    Your accusation of misogynistic insults suggests that I hate women. As a matter of fact I am quite fond of both women and vagina. My comment was an attempt at humor that you may have considered to be in poor taste but in no way expressed any hatred of women. This entire thread is is about my apparent problem with her being a pathological liar. You obviously have no problem with it as you seem to be defending her if anything.

I went back and read, and my points have not "Sooooo ... you continued to plead not guilty to the domestic violence charge while you were actively committing a new crime by violating the criminal protective order. NOT wise!"been previously covered. Nor did I insult your intelligence. I did provide new constructive advice, get her off your property (CPO violation) and stop communicating with her (CPO violation). No where does anyone else tell you that. So it's new and constructive. I also advised you of your future if you continue to violate your CPO, which was new and constructive.

"Sooooo ... you continued to plead not guilty to the domestic violence charge while you were actively committing a new crime by violating the criminal protective order. NOT wise!"
    "The text messages were felony charges, the vandalism was a misdemeanor, what would you have done ? I plead guilty to a crime that I did not do to avoid being charged with a crime that I did do."
    "You could have gone to trial. Of course, you were also facing CPO violations for the text messages, and, if they looked around they would find that she was living on your property also in violation. Oops!"

Can you honestly say that your comments were not covered and obvious in these previous posts? Give me a break.

I am no where near troll level. I was giving you blunt feedback on your obvious intent to ruin your own life while being able to say you did right by someone who did you waaaayyyy wrong. You must hang out in Sunshine & Lollipops forums if my previous post made you scream "Troll!"
    Seriously Dude, go find somewhere insults and accusations are appreciated and leave this one alone you are raining on my sunshine and lollipops and quite frankly wasting my time.

Quote Quoting Ridgetop
    View Post
    free9man, thank you for not only stating some previously covered , obvious information but insulting my character and intelligence without providing a single piece of new constructive advice. You are the prime example of what has been referred to in other forums I frequent as a flaming troll. Its people like you that......I think Ill stop before lowering myself any closer to your level. Thanks alot.
    We have divergent opinions about your character and intelligence. It is not intelligent to continue breaking a law, even after you have been called to the carpet for breaking the law. It speaks much about your lack of character to blame the DA, when you are thumbing your nose at the legal system on a daily basis and complaining about it.

Quote Quoting Ridgetop
    View Post
    Is calling 911 and telling the responding officers a completely fabricated story full of false accusations not a crime? Just because she was not being prosecuted does not mean that she had not committed one.
    You were saying she was guilty for the text messages. She was not because she had no CPO. The above could be a crime but was nowhere in the comment I was speaking to.

Quote Quoting Ridgetop
    View Post
    Your accusation of misogynistic insults suggests that I hate women. As a matter of fact I am quite fond of both women and vagina. My comment was an attempt at humor that you may have considered to be in poor taste but in no way expressed any hatred of women. This entire thread is is about my apparent problem with her being a pathological liar. You obviously have no problem with it as you seem to be defending her if anything.
    I'm sorry but that kind of comment, absent a smiley or something, does not in any way convey comedic intent. Further it isn't funny at all. It's insulting to women. You began a relationship with a woman you say everybody knows is a pathological liar. You are part of everybody therefore I guess you knew prior to, or I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say very soon after beginning, the relationship and STILL chose to have a relationship with her. That sounds like acceptance on your part. Further, you continue to aid her so that sounds like more acceptance to me. I don't care for pathological liars myself and have not defended her one bit. I have simply pointed out the flaws in your statements and the fact you risk consequences from your continued ignoring of the CPO.

Quote Quoting Ridgetop
    View Post
    "Sooooo ... you continued to plead not guilty to the domestic violence charge while you were actively committing a new crime by violating the criminal protective order. NOT wise!"
    "The text messages were felony charges, the vandalism was a misdemeanor, what would you have done ? I plead guilty to a crime that I did not do to avoid being charged with a crime that I did do."
    "You could have gone to trial. Of course, you were also facing CPO violations for the text messages, and, if they looked around they would find that she was living on your property also in violation. Oops!"

Can you honestly say that your comments were not covered and obvious in these previous posts? Give me a break.
    Yes, I can. Nowhere do they tell you to get her off your property or quit communicating with her, which was what I said. Reading comprehension is your friend!

Quote Quoting Ridgetop
    View Post
    Seriously Dude, go find somewhere insults and accusations are appreciated and leave this one alone you are raining on my sunshine and lollipops and quite frankly wasting my time.
    I wasn't insulting you, just pointing out what appeared to be a character flaw. I wasn't making any accusations, I was just pointing out that you are still breaking the law and could wind up in jail for it. Since this is a free board and I have not violated any TOS, I'll stick around thanks.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2