Default Ad Agency Misrepresented its Marketing Services

My question involves criminal law for the state of: NY

An ad agency that has been marketing my company for years claimed their database was over 80,000 members but i came to find out and i have proof that it is only 6,000. I have confirmation from them when i made the deal where they confirmed and signed that it's 80k. Over the time i've been doing business with them i paid over 100k for their services.
    What can i sue them for? Can i get them for some criminal charges, i mean it's really no different than theft in my opinion.

Default Re: An Ad Agency Scammed Me by Claiming They Were Doing Far More Marketing Than They

Did they point a gun at your head and demand money? How in the world do you imagine that this was a robbery?

Default Re: An Ad Agency Scammed Me by Claiming They Were Doing Far More Marketing Than They

I meant theft

You can file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau (which won't get you far). Or the state Attorney Generals Office.

You can talk to a lawyer in your area and see if someone will take the case....

Quote Quoting PandorasBox
    View Post
    You can file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau (which won't get you far). Or the state Attorney Generals Office.

You can talk to a lawyer in your area and see if someone will take the case....
    Do i need a lawyer for this considering i have written evidence of what they said they will give and what they actually did?
    can i get them for criminal charges as well?

I would recommend a local lawyer. If you have $100+K to spend on marketing...you can surely afford to consult with a lawyer for an hour....many even offer FREE 30-minute consultations......

So...you gave a hundred grand to a company you didnt investigate before you gave it to them?

Caveat Emptor my friend....exagerations happen in that business all the time!

'Specially that business!

That's not an exageration though, that's a blatant lie. Saying the emails were better than they really were is one thing but saying you have 10x more than you really do is another.
    I will obviously go after them to recover the money but is there anything else i can get them for?

Felony first degree lying? Misdemeanor misrepresentation? I'm not seeing any criminality factor(s) in what you describe.

I will say one thing though; I just dropped a goodly bit o' coin on an extremely awesome home hot water heater, nowhere near $100K but damn near four-figures, and I spent more than a few hours over more than a few days looking into and researching the one I settled on. Some call it due diligence, some call it doing your "homework".

See what I'm sayin'?

It was a very large and reputable ad agency that has handled huge companies in the past. It turned out i was lied to by the rep that was handling my account because he needed to get his numbers up or whatever but it's not like i gave that money to a random joe working out of his basement in india...

In any case, lesson learned.

1. Sponsored Links