Default Car Towed from Complex for Backing in - No Signs Posted

My question involves a traffic citation from the state of: Illinois

Hello

Last week I blew the clutch in my car on the highway and had to get it towed back to my complex. When the tow driver dropped off my car he backed it in. I figured this was no big deal and have sometimes backed in myself because where I live there are small children that like to play in the parking lot and it's easier for me to see them if I pull out of my spot instead of backing out. Anyway, I didn't have the funds to fix the cluch in my car so it's been in that spot from Sunday 9/23 until yesterday at 2:45 pm. I came home and called the police because I thought the car was stolen, they gave me the information for the towing company. I called towing company who stated they received a call from my condo association management saying the car was backed in and was towed. I explained the situation, blown clutch, cannot drive car back home and now no funds to really do anything until Friday when I get paid. They just said I'm responsible for the $172 tow and had until 2:45PM today to pick it up or else will charge me per day. I asked if I could have until Monday to try to get a loan, they said no. I called both my landlord and the association, neither answered the phone. I left my landlord a message and he has not returned my call.

There is a sign posted when you enter the complex "Resident parking only. Unauthorized vehicles will be towed." It says nothing about backing in, I have not received any correspondence regarding backing into a parking space and was not informed of any such parking policies upon moving into my complex.

They still have my car and by the time I can get it out the bill will be multiplied. Is there anything I can do?

I appreciate any and all help

Dan

Default Re: Car Towed from Complex for Backing in - No Signs Posted

Your lease says what about parking and community rules? The community rules say what about parking and backing into spots? The community rules are available how and where?

The lease says nothing about parking. I have never received any type of community rules from either the complex or landlord. I have been searching for community rules but cannot find anything.

Thank you for responding so quickly.

Is there any reference in your lease to community rules? When you asked the landlord / property manager / whoever else might know where you can find the 'No Backing In' rule, what did they say?

I have still not been able to get ahold of landlord or the association. I had my car towed to my parents house today so I don't rack up a higher bill. I did keep the receipt and would like to be reimbursed.

many assoc. have rules about backing into a spot...

1. Sponsored Links