Default How to Stop Misconduct of a State Agency

My question involves civil rights in the State of: Massachusetts

What can/should legally be done if a State agency or members with in it have seemingly been caught lying, conspiring against, and threatening a member of the public?

Default Re: State Agency Doing Wrong, What Should I Do to Create Justice Legally

Report it to the director of the agency.

Default Re: State Agency Doing Wrong, What Should I Do to Create Justice Legally

With a question as vague and open ended as that, you'd probably be advised to talk to the office of the inspector general or your local legislator.

http://www.mass.gov/ig/

Default Re: How to Stop Misconduct of a State Agency

What do you mean by conspiring against? There are Federal Statute's about Civil Conspiracy and Criminal Conspiracy see 42 U.S.C. 1985, 18 U.S.C. 241 and 18 U.S.C. 242. In addition to that the state of Massachusetts might have laws against conspiracy. What rights do you think were violated, state constitutional rights or U.S. Constitutional rights, or both? I would start with asking someone in a Massachusetts state Court about it. There's free Legal Aid help in some places for some people, that's something might want to check into, if you don't want to hire a lawyer or go Pro Se.

Quote Quoting flyingron
    View Post
    With a question as vague and open ended as that, you'd probably be advised to talk to the office of the inspector general or your local legislator.

http://www.mass.gov/ig/
    Second the opinion. Report the actions anonymously to your supervisor and let them investigate.

It's not your job to do so and Massachusetts is highly favorable to arresting you for illegal wiretaps if you attempt to collect any evidence on your own. It's a two party state so all parties being recorded so you can prove their misconduct is a crime on your part if you don't tell them they're being recorded.

If the supervisor is part of the misconduct, go to his supervisor and do the same thing as previously mentioned to do with your supervisor.

Quote Quoting Brandzzz
    View Post
    It's a two party state so all parties being recorded so you can prove their misconduct is a crime on your part if you don't tell them they're being recorded.
    It is a two party state which means it is illegal to record conversations unless ALL parties to the conversation know of and allow the recording. If you do not tell them they are being recorded, you are breaking the law.

In fact, because it was illegally recorded, the law specifically prohibits the use of the recording for any purpose.

So, with that short post, you have recommended the original poster commit several criminal acts that could result in around 7 years in prison and $15k in fines.

Then the person is also liable for a civil violation and by statute, would be liable for the other party's legal fees as well as actual and punitive damages.

1. Sponsored Links