Default Does Civil Suit That is "Dismissed Without Prejudice" Appear on Credit Report

My question involves court procedures for the state of: CALIFORNIA

Another individual filed a Civil Suit against me saying I owe them money. We settled the suit and I agreed to pay them X per month for X number of months. They agreed to DISMISS the suit "without prejudice", only because they want to have recourse if I do not pay the agreed-upon amount. My FICO is 780 right now and I have no negatives on my credit report. I am panicked that the Civil Suit will appear on my credit report NEGATIVELY if they dismiss "WITHOUT PREJUDICE". Question: Do the Credit Bureaus report differently if the Lawsuit is dismissed "without prejudice" vs. "with Prejudice"? I need an answer urgently please - THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Default Re: Does Civil Suit That is "Dismissed Without Prejudice" Appear on Credit Report

Quote Quoting kimberly32
    View Post
    My question involves court procedures for the state of: CALIFORNIA

Another individual filed a Civil Suit against me saying I owe them money. We settled the suit and I agreed to pay them X per month for X number of months. They agreed to DISMISS the suit "without prejudice", only because they want to have recourse if I do not pay the agreed-upon amount. My FICO is 780 right now and I have no negatives on my credit report. I am panicked that the Civil Suit will appear on my credit report NEGATIVELY if they dismiss "WITHOUT PREJUDICE". Question: Do the Credit Bureaus report differently if the Lawsuit is dismissed "without prejudice" vs. "with Prejudice"? I need an answer urgently please - THANK YOU SO MUCH!
    A Dismissed lawsuit would never appear on a credit report whether its with or without prejudice.

Default Re: Does Civil Suit That is "Dismissed Without Prejudice" Appear on Credit Report

Does it matter whether the lawsuit is dismissed by the judge vs. the person who originally filed it? I read that a dismissed lawsuit will still show up on your credit report if it's dismissed with stipulations and I assume that "Dismissed without Prejudice" means "with stipulations"?

1. Sponsored Links